Slow Cooker Apple Pie

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Pat Baker, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw this on Facebook and can't wait to try it.

Take 2 cans of apple pie mix and dump it into a slow cooker spread out on the bottom of the slow cooker.

Take one spice cake mix and dump evenly over the apples.

Take 2 sticks of butter and place on top of the apples and cake mix.

Put the top on the cooker and cook on high for 2-2.5 hrs.

Anyone drooling yet?

You can also use peaches.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So, yesterday, I tried making this easy form of dessert, @Pat Baker , and it turned out to be DELICIOUS ! !
    As some of you may know, I seriously hate cooking, and hardly ever follow any recipes; but this one did look simple and uncomplicated enough for even me to follow.
    Actually, I did not even follow this recipe perfectly; but it still turned out great. I did not have the cans of apple pie filling; so I chopped up two nice size apples, and added a can of peaches to that for the filling. Then I put the spice cake mix on that and topped it with the butter and put it all in the Ninja Cooker, which also has settings to be used as a crockpot.
    I cooked it for two hours, and by then, the house was smelling awesome . We tested it out last night with some whipping cream on top, and it was wonderful.
    Even with the fresh fruit, it was still pretty sweet; but then, we seldom eat desserts, so even a plain apple usually tastes sweet to me.
    Thank you for sharing this recipe, Pat, and I will probably try it again, maybe with blueberries, when we want to have a dessert.

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:This recipe sounds so great, but I got no slow cooker. Got a cast iron skillet though, maybe it'll work if I got it on low? We're watching our sugar and cholesterol so I like to have simple recipes that I can make up at home to control sugar and cholesterol numbers. Instead of ready made cake I plan to use the heart healthy Bisquick and peel my own apples. It's so simple to use the heart healthy Bisquick. I hope to make this kind of recipe one day and now it's in my memory recipe pile! Thanks for the wonderful recipe! :)

Joe Riley likes this.