Single Dad Seeking

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, May 11, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a few episodes of this show on my DVR, but haven't watched them yet. It's like an attractive nuisance. I really want to watch, but I'm kind of afraid it will be horrible. I do watch Bachelor and Bachelorette, but sometimes they get on my nerves. Obviously, I know a lot of it is cleverly edited and at least some scenes are scripted, but I think it'll be an interesting watch. http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/single-dad-seeking/

Has anyone else watched the show? It plays on TLC network, like Long Lost Family, which is how I came across it.

2. Diane Lane

Registered

I watched the four episodes on my DVR this weekend, and although I thought at first I might not like it, I'm hooked. I'm going to have to see if I can find additional episodes online or on Netflix. Each situation is different, and it's interesting to see how the in person meetings between the two parties, and also the potential girlfriends and the children meetings unfold. I likes shows of this nature, that explore interpersonal communication and relationships. It seems more and more couples and also friends, are meeting on the internet, so I'm sure we'll be seeing more shows such as this one in the future.

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I would be very careful about meeting anyone on the 'net.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw a commercial for the Single Dad thing, however, I kind of thought it was a movie. I didn't pay much attention to it. I watch the Bachelor and Bachelorette even though the show is kind of stupid, and I am sure alot of those situations are set up to create maximum drama. It is kind of silly because being flown around Hawaii in a helicopter is nothing like real life, with your spouse throwing towels on the floor, and the kid screaming or whatever. Let the contestants be tried like real people.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

Yes, Bachelor and Bachelorette are definitely about as far removed from most people's reality as possible. I'd rather get to know someone in real life situations, without all of the fake romantic build up they do on the show. It is really nice to get to visit places vicariously by watching the show, though, and I follow a few of the participants on social media, and it's funny to read the posts. Single Dad Seeking is a little more real life than the Bachelor series, but of course, I'm sure some of it's scripted, and you can tell that some people are mugging for the camera, hoping for a shot at stardom. I just enjoy watching for the entertainment aspect, especially with regard to the Bachelor shows, but I do enjoy seeing how the meetings unfold, etc.

@Ike Willis I'm not entirely closed off to the notion of meeting people (whether friends or other) online, but I'm also super cautious. I met my last fiance online, and we're still great friends. There are definitely a lot of weirdos out there though, and I have a pretty good sense of who's blowing smoke these days.

Ike Willis likes this.