Singin' The Blues

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tom Locke, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't quite explain how somebody growing up in Britain became something of an obsessive for American blues music. One possible explanation is that there were quite a few bands in the UK that played Rhythm & Blues stuff in the 1970s and I followed the history of the style.

I've been making digital recordings from old vinyl lately and even I was quite surprised to see how much old blues stuff I had: Slim Harpo, Jimmy Reed, Elmore James, BB King, Hound Dog Taylor, Snooks Eaglin, Etta James, Homesick James and Snooky Prior, the list goes on.

A lot of people called James - even Slim Harpo's first name was James!

2. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, I think that it's great that you have a hobby, even if it's odd for you to have that hobby! For example, I am absolutely in love with Japanese culture and tradition, even though I've never even been to Japan. I'm still planning on going there one day, though.

3. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

That's a great hobby! I love blues too. I also love all things Victorian, and I DO mean ALL things. I would so love to visit the Britain of 1895. I think my dream might be more unattainable than the above mentioned. LOL

4. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I also studied 19th-century literature at university, so part of me is probably mired in that century.

Brittany Houser likes this.