Shows That I (Sometimes) Miss

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Kevin Matthew

Kevin Matthew Veteran Member
    Registered

I've become addicted to The Burns and Allen Show. I'm not even sure how many seasons there were, but I've watched all of the available shows. It is shown every night on Retro TV, which I can get over the air using my antenna and record on my Tivo. I saw a few shows (reruns) when I was a kid in the 60's, and still remembered them.

I don't even know why I'm so into the show, other than Gracie Allen was charming and just kills me. It's also fun to see Bea Benaderet, who most people know from either the Beverly Hillbillies or Petticoat Junction, as her next door neighbor.

2. Juan Ortega

Juan Ortega Veteran Member
    Registered

T.V. Shows remind me of a youthful inner self. I watch the "The Flash" on The CW from time to time with younger family members. I wasn't really too sure about the show at first with the rising modern drama hype type of shows in the network, but this one got my attention seeing that the basis is from superheroes of our time. I am a really just a fan of DC related trends however the effects and props do make the show one not to miss. Also because it is one of the shows I can still stand to watch on regular digital television. I feel the media for the younger kids keeps me intact with my younger inner self.

3. Richard Lee

Richard Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

Me too - the original James Garner (RIP) one. Used to like the original Kung Fu too, but I was just a kid back then.

4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, it funny how we can find these classic programs that we haven't seen in years but find that we are entertained by them all over again. In so cases you find classic show that you may have heard about but never actually saw yourself. I can say this was the case with me and Dr. Who, I had heard of the program, but never actaully saw any episode till recently when one of the antenna netowrks we have our area started to air the program from the begnning. I love these kind of networks not only do I get to discover show I never saw before but I also get a chance to be reacquainted with some old favorites such as All in the Family and Gilligan's Island.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It holds up just as well today, too.

6. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

I miss McGuyver. I've been watching the Jeffersons on crackle, otherwise I would miss that one, too. And, a lot of people don't remember these two but they were my favorites: "manimal", and "Sledgehammer".

7. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I really, really miss "The King of Queens". It was such a good and funny show, and in fact, I think it was my favorite sitcom ever. All of the actors played their role perfectly, and that's what made the show so charming.