Shootings In San Bernardino

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Cheryl Torrie

Cheryl Torrie Veteran Member
    Registered

I just don't think I will ever understand why terrorists and our young think that they are accomplishing something by shooting a group of innocent people. Yes, President Obama is back on his Gun Control mission but other than that what have they accomplished? Do they think that the issue that drove them to violence will be addressed and resolved? Just doesn't work that way.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Minutes after the San Bernardino attacks began, police radio reports described the shooters as being Middle Eastern, and one was identified by name. Later, a third suspect was identified by name as well, with the information that he was from Qatar. People were tweeting what they heard from local police scanners.

However, for a long period of time after the media began covering the event, they were describing the shooters as being white. They speculated that it was a white supremacist group, or white rightwing extremists, and several media reports mentioned that there was a Planned Parenthood clinic nearby; it was two blocks away, but they didn't mention that.

True, if the police weren't giving reports to the media during that time, there would be some speculation. However, they refused to speculate that it might be an act of Islamic terrorism, or that Muslims might be involved. Yet surely they had access to the same information that others had. Even after they were given the information that the shooters were of Middle Eastern descent, they were very cautious about making any assumptions based on that information, and advised their listeners not to do so.

They didn't mind speculating, on no information whatsoever, that the shooters were white. It didn't bother them to speculate that it was an attack on a Planned Parenthood clinic by white Christian extremists, despite the fact that they could surely have obtained the information that the closest Planned Parenthood clinic was two blocks away. Even now, the discussion is more about how we shouldn't blame Muslims, but that we should ban guns instead.

Somehow, the third shooter has all but disappeared from the reports.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I had read this thread and had read the news as well so I guess it is time for me to make a comment. I believe that San Bernardino shooting is the work of jihadists on a suicide mission. That they are willing to die for their religion is a crazy reason. Isn't it religion was invented for the preservation of life and to give us peace of mind? So now I am wondering why those Muslim extremists are making violence a way of life. And what do they get from their martyrdom? In one forum, it said that the jihadists are focused on the line in Koran that says - behead those who do not believe. Well?

4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Seems the terrorists in San Bernadino didn't care whether they were Christians or not….they shot at whoever was there…same in Paris. I never read anything where they asked anyone if they were Christians. They are murdering now just for the heck of it, not for any religious command from their Quran (aka Koran).

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I wonder if they didn't think of the heritage they were leaving for their child. Unless she is adopted and her name changed, she will grow up known as the child of murderers. I can't imagine what kind of person would do that to their child.

I rarely turn my TV on so I haven't heard the latest news about the shooting. Was there a third person involved? I watched part of President Obama's address on the computer this morning but I haven't seen it all. I guess I should go back and watch all of it.

Lara Moss and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

The police reports named a third person, who they were looking for. They even gave his name, and that he was from Qatar. Since that first day, however, I haven't heard anything about a third shooter. Either they decided there wasn't a third person after all, or determined that he hadn't been involved, or they have him hidden away for reasons we may never know about.

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe they have him in "Seclusion" so that they can question him. I hope so.

8. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

My heart goes out to the victims and families of this heinous tragedy. On a positive note, I am heartened to hear that a coalition of American Muslim groups raised almost thirty thousand dollars in aid for victim's families within two days of the massacre.

9. Ken Anderson

Here's a discussion of the third shooter, and the media silence about him.

10. Ken Anderson

Here's some interesting news, although not all of us will be surprised by it.

Read more: White House Told NSC and FBI to Downplay Terrorist Angle of San Bernardino Shootings

11. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

People keep saying they don’t understand why these people do terrorism. Just maybe I can explain these people have came from countries where the county has been destroyed their jobs gone their family and friends killed. Then they are told that they can migrate into the country that caused all their grief. This is like bringing in your worst enemy to live in your house it is crazy. Trump wants them checked out before they come in and Obama can’t get them in here fast enough. I think Obama wants a civil war so he can call for the military so there will be no election he does not leave office.

Ike Willis and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Now it is out that a Muslim couple did the killing in San Bernardino. From what I understand, those Muslim extemist are following their Qran which says to behead the infidels who do not believe (in Islam). The New York Times has an article last week that Indonesia is coming out with a propaganda to belie that statement so that Muslims around the world would stop believing such wrong notion of killing people for that line in the Qran. Indonesia is the largest Muslim country.