Shooting In Kalamazoo And People Saying Police Did It And It's Not True

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chrissy Cross, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

In MHO there are more thugs in the BLM than in the police dept.s. And I think that the police ought to take a week off and see if there is more respect for them at the end of it.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chris Ladewig

Most interesting viewpoint! By BLM, you are referring to the recent run-ins with the ranchers from Utah & Nevada? Remember, the local P.D.s must accede to the Feds., which includes BLM. Your final remark is even more thought-producing: would not ultimate respect be garnered by giving them far more time off?
    Frank

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Frank, I think you and Chrissy are talking about different BLMs. Bureau of Land Management and Black Lives Matter are not the same.:rolleyes:
    The job of the police is not to protect citizens, they can't be with each of us at all times. Their job is not to keep you from harm but to investigate after the fact to find out who killed you.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes because if you don't have the morals, the piece of paper won't give them to you.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

At that point, nothing...unless you saw them and called before. Or someone else saw and called. Otherwise it's after the fact like @Sheldon Scott stated.

The point is we need police or the 3 thugs scenario will be common place. You may have a gun to protect you but the criminals have an edge.

Sheldon Scott and Frank Sanoica like this.
  6. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

No I mean the black lives matter

7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Now that the government have a non-nonsense drive against illegal drugs, killings is getting to be a common fixture in news reports. Literally, there are deaths everyday of people related to illegal drugs trade and use. What's funny is that half of the killings are claimed by the police and half are by unknown killers which they call vigilantes. But skeptics particularly the critics of our president claim that those killings are extra judicial to mean the cops have executed those drug suspects without the benefit of due process of law.

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hope not, things get scary when that happens.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Most people who become police do so for the right reasons, and the majority of them conduct themselves honorably. It's a frustrating job, and probably more so today than in a long time, so mistakes will be made. When mistakes are made, they should be held as responsible for them as anyone else would be, if not more so. That is not the case, however.

For example, living in Maine, I have every right to carry a weapon for my own protection. However, if I were to shoot someone because I mistook their cell phone for a handgun, I don't think anyone would be excusing me. Yet, police have done that more than once and, as far as I am aware, no action is ever taken against them. It has to be proven that they knew that they knew that it wasn't a handgun before they will be charged with a crime, so all they have to do is say that they thought it was a gun and the shooting will be considered justified. For one thing, the police investigate police shootings with an eye toward clearing them of a crime, while it would be just the opposite for a private citizen. If I were to shoot a twelve year-old with a toy pistol, I'd be in prison in no time.

Then, there are the minority of people with badges who should never have been wearing them. Once they are recognized for who they are, most honest cops won't continue to stand up for them, and they do go to prison. These people, I believe, are a tiny minority. Most unnecessary police shootings are committed by cops who are scared or who are too quick to shoot, and the environment that is being created by our own president and groups like Black Lives Matter are probably designed to put more honest cops in fear of their lives, creating a climate where there will be more police shootings. Putting my conspiracy theory hat on, I believe this is designed to replace state and local police departments with a federal police force answerable only to the president. If you remember, one of the first things that Obama said he hoped to create was a civilian police force as powerful as the military, and I think that's the design.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well if that happens we deserve it. All I ever read is people bad mouthing police.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I imagine some want to fight for their country. We are going to need all the help we can get if we aren't rescued from a "hillary" presidency, and be rid of obama:( We'll need it even if Trump or anyone else were in there because of the threat actually being invited to "come on in":(

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

It's just the way some people are, they start spouting information that "they" want others to believe. Scare tactics, propaganda, can anyone say "Tokyo Rose" or "the voice of terror"??

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

It's a hard job because many times risking their lives to stop law-breakers ends up with people hating the police because they got caught, period. Everyone that hates cops is someone that either broke the law, or believes someone they love is innocent of breaking the law. Some folks are incapable of admitting it was their own actions that got them into trouble, not the police's fault (yes, there are bad cops, and bad people in every walk of life, but I'm talking about good and decent cops doing their job as best as they can).

I thank God for the DUI I got back in 82. It changed my life, literally. I was handcuffed and taken to jail for driving down a one-way street the wrong way. And I did it on purpose because I drank back then. I was not kept there overnight, but I had to attend what they called diversion classes. So while I was there I heard a lot of people talk about doing the things I did, breaking the law, endangering lives etc.

About a year later I was all changed, no more drinking and I was a productive member of society with a decent job. I went back to that town and found the copy that arrested me. They got ahold of him for me and I got to talk with him and thank him. I'll never forget that. And I never forget that my brother served as a police officer all his life. He was well liked, and was detective on the case of Diane Downs, and played a part in bringing her to justice.

I respect our law enforcement, but I know, just like how the hell someone like barack obama gets to be president, there are some folks that should not be cops. But like I said, there is good and bad everywhere.

14. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not black and don't live in a low income neighborhood so I can't imagine how minority people must feel when they are stopped and harassed for no reason, and it does happen often. That being said, there are many more good policemen then bad. They don't know what kind of situation they are walking into many time and it causes over reaction on their parts in many cases. I just don't know what the answer is, but it is clear we haven't achieved it.

Ken Anderson and Chrissy Cross like this.