Shingles Vaccine?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Steve North, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Can you check and see if they will reimburse you?

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah right.. Try to get money back from a government run health clinic..... GOOD LUCK !!!!! and dream on....
    I really don't mind the fact that I paid as we never know what tomorrow is going to bring.. Its not as if I can't afford it..

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Jim Veradyne

Jim Veradyne Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I have had it. Shingles seems like a horrid disease to get, and painful as well. It set me back a couple of hundred.

4. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

I got the vaccine a couple years ago. No problem, and it was covered by Medicare.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

In my case, I never knew if I had had chickenpox as a kid, but thought I had not. In about 1980, A very painful, blistery rash formed on my right front chest, gradually over several days time spreading under my arm and around to the middle of my back. I was 38 years old. The blisters under my arm hurt like hell, nothing itched, just hurt. Doctor said classical "Herpes Zoster", shingles, from chickenpox early in my youth. What possibly makes the stuff come out of hiding within the body so many years later, they don't know. About a week before the break-out, though, working along our dirt street out front, my front chest had been doused with Creosote Oil, by accident, which was being spread on our street. I believe it triggered the shingles; the dr. doubted it. He gave me a shot of some steroid in my behind, which helped immensely. No vaccine, no recurrence, 30+ years now.
    Frank

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We seldom saw doctors for anything when I was a kid, so any of my childhood diseases would have been diagnosed by my mother, so it's hard to know what I may have had. I only remember one serious illness, and that was probably the flu. I was in bed for days and no one was allowed to come in to visit with me. They had a vaporizer going, so my room was a haze of steam and it was like I was breathing in cough drops. I kind of liked that part, but I remember that I felt terrible. I don't remember having had anything that involved marks on my skin, like measles, mumps or chickenpox, but if I were really young, I might not remember it.

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Shingles is the chicken pox virus reacting again, it sits dormant in your body and when your immune system gets weak the virus returns. Over time the immune system loses its ability of recognising the virus and allows it to return if you had come in contact with a person who had chicken pox you would get a booster shot for your immune system. There is no chicken pox do to vaccines so there is no opportunity for people to get a natural booster shot and need to rely on vaccines. Basically you need a vaccine to fix the problem caused by vaccines.

If you are one of those people who ended up with shingles you can get a great deal of help with colloidal silver and DMSO keeping the area wet with colloidal silver and adding a small amount of DMSO in the mix. I have helped many with this. Good luck

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

So much easier to get the vaccine for shingles..
    Yes it could be expensive (if $150.00 is expensive) however should you get shingles, the cost would be well worth it..
    I had a blood test first to determine if I had the virus or not, and my test came back positive..
    I then proceeded to get the vaccine as soon as possible.. Forget the price, just give it to me..
    Absolutely NO reaction at all.. Best $$$$$ I ever spent..

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Robert Clayton

Robert Clayton Veteran Member
    Registered

YЕS!! Tаkе it if yоu саn gеt it, if yоur insurаnсе will pаy fоr it оr if yоu саn оthеrwisе аffоrd it! Tо nоt tаkе it is tо tаkе а hugе gаmblе. Yоu wоuld fоrеvеr bе kiсking yоursеlf if yоu dесidеd nоt tо gеt it аnd thеn gоt thе shinglеs. Pаying fоr thе shоt yоursеlf, if yоu hаvе tо, wоuld bе а vеry wisе invеstmеnt in yоur futurе hеаlth аnd hаppinеss.

Nеvеrmind thе mеdiсаlly illitеrаtе аntivаxеrs оn this wеbsitе аnd whо hаvе rеspоndеd tо yоur quеstiоn. Thеy саn't rеmеmbеr а timе whеn thеsе disеаsеs rаvаgеd сhildrеn аnd еntirе соmmunitiеs. Thеsе disеаsе hаvеn't dоnе sо fоr thе lаst 40 оr 50 yеаrs. Why? Bесаusе rеspоnsiblе pеоplе took vaccines and had their children vaccinated. Nоw bесаusе оf аnti-vаxеrs, thеsе disеаsеs аrе еxpеriеnсing а соmеbасk. Jеnny MсСаrthy аnd hеr ilk hаvе а lоt tо аnswеr fоr, sprеаding thе liе thаt vассinеs саusе аutism аnd thаt vассinеs in gеnеrаl аrе bаd. Plеаsе. Try hаving thеасtuаl disеаsе.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Please don't insult people who disagree with you.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.