Sheryll Green

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Sheryll Green, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Sheryll Green

Sheryll Green Veteran Member
    Registered

I lost my best friend on February 1st of this year. This loss really broke my heart but not my spirit! We both went through divorces at the same time approximately seven years ago and unfortunately she seemed to be having a horrible time becoming stable. In addition to the trauma of divorce she was battling serious medical issues. I remarried a little over a year ago and moved to Washington, DC to be with my soon to be ex-husband (that's another forum) while she returned and remained in Virginia Beach. Prior to this, she moved to various states trying to find her footing to no avail. I spoke with her the 3rd week of January and we agreed that when I returned to Virginia, we would get a place together and assist each other in becoming stable again. I received a call the evening of February 1st from a mutual friend that she took the final journey. The pain I felt at that moment was so deep for several reasons. Of all the reasons that bombarded me at the moment, the most prevalent was a question-and that was, did I do everything I could to help her? I vow now for both of us to "get it together" to become stable, move upward and continue to be a contributing member of society. Most of all to love and serve God and His people and to help who I can when I can. I love Di and I miss you!

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Greens, sorry for your loss.

I do understand the depth of your loss. I also lost a dear friend last year to Alzheimer's. We went to high school together and dated for awhile and staid friends for more than forty years. It hurt to hear he was in a nursing home his condition was so bad it he died within a year.

3. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry for your loss, GREENS. The two of you obviously had a long history and with your plans to move in together it must have seemed like the worst timing in the world. Not that it's ever a good time to let a loved one go. God's peace, wisdom and strength to you. Will you still return to Virginia?

4. Sheryll Green

Registered

I am actually in Virginia and have been for about a month and thank you!

Allie Seay likes this.
  5. Sheryll Green

Registered

Thank you!