Shadow People

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Lydia Williams, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Lydia Williams

Lydia Williams Veteran Member
    Registered

Has anybody on here seen "shadow people"? I haven't, but my sons friend is adamant that he has seen many of them and that they are not just his imagination - they're black shadow-like figures that evoke a feeling of dread whenever he has contact with them. I've looked into them a little and it seems quite a common phenomenon. I'd be interested in hearing your stories.

Neville Telen likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They talk about these a lot on the radio, on programs like Coast to Coast AM. I have heard the stories on the radio; but i have never seen or even felt, anything like they describe. Even people that have seen them have no idea what they are or where they come from.
    Some people think that they are souls from people that have died, kind of like a ghost. Other people think that it might be some kind of an intersection between this reality and an alternate universe. If it were something like that, I do not know why it would bering such a great feeling of dread along with seeing one.

I have a friend who told me that she had seen something that she didn't understand, and her description was similar to that of a shadow person.
    She said that she was standing outside in her yard, and could see an older man with a beard just out of the corner of her eye. She lived alone, and out in the country, so seeing another person standing so close all of a sudden was startling to her.
    When she turned to ask him why he was there, he was gone.
    She said it did scare her; but pretty much that was due to the sudden appearance (and disappearance) of another person, and not because the person himself was scary.

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I think the shadow people is what I call parelle world people. There use to be a show on tv that spoke about worlds just like ours that rotates at different speed, ame people different lives. I may not agree with all the show talked about because it was entertainment not fact but I do believe there is another dimension and that we can see and feel the presence of these people at times.

Patsy Faye and Linda Binning like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I have a book called The Djinn Connection, available from Amazon.com in paperback or for Kindle, that asserts that most of the cryptozoological creatures that we hear of, as well as demons, the nephilim, and what we think are extraterrestrials, are actually djinn, including the shadow people. Also spelled jinn, the djinn are what the word genie is derived from. According to Islamic tradition, God created three types of sentient beings: angels, humans, and djinn. Because the djinn refused to submit to humans as being the rulers of the earth, they were banished to another dimension. The djinn live among us, but in another dimension, although they are able to move back and forth sometimes. They are shapeshifters so, when they are in our dimension, they present themselves in various ways. Like people, the djinn are individuals with varying personalities; overall, however, they resent the human race for having been given dominion over the earth, since they consider themselves to be far superior, having far greater abilities than we do. As a species, they hate us for it, some more so than others. I am not saying that I buy into it, but it is an interesting idea.

Here's an article I wrote about it for one of the directories I work for.

5. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw something shadowy and weird that I have no idea what it was. One night while driving home from my sisters I went down a road I drive often and saw a pair of legs cross the road ahead of me. Just long legs, no body. I thought at first it was a deer or something but noticed it was just two legs, it was very weird. When we got up to the area there was no one around, the area was very open so we would have seen a person. Funny thing was it was not that late at night.

One other time and this was also creepy, it was Christmas eve and we stopped at my friends auto shop. It was late and already dark. There was a car in the garage, and there was only a small office light on. We were talking and getting ready to go, sort of standing with our eyes looking into the garage bay where the car was. Suddenly all three of us saw something large and white leap out of the car window into a pile of scrap. I am talking real big like a person, not a cat or anything. If i was to describe it, the thing looked almost like a large white plastic bag, I thought maybe the dog had been sleeping in the car under a sheet at the time. I was stunned and said to everyone, did you see that? My son said yes and my friend walked over to see what it was but there was nothing. I had no doubt from the way he was walking he saw it to. It was not a bag or anything like that. My son called it a wraith. i have no idea what that was but it was weird.

Tonight on Coast to Coast they will have a guest that is going to talk about the paranormal, last night they said that there is a thought that some ghost sightings maybe caused by bacteria and stuff that is breathed in that causes hallucinations. Sounds interesting.

Linda Binning and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Lydia Williams

Lydia Williams Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never heard about the Djinn since I've never learnt much about Islam. It sounds like a very interesting theory, though I think it's impossible to know for sure what the truth behind paranormal and extraterrestrial sightings is. If they're shapeshifters, could they disguise themselves as humans and live among us? Anyway I'll definitely check out your article when I have more time.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

@Jenn Windey , when I read your story about the "plastic bag "ghost; it remended me immediately of a you tube clip that I watched that shows the same kind of creature moving around.
    I looked for the clip and found it, am posting it for everyone to see, and Jenn, you can tell us if this is similar to what you experienced that night.
    This clip is a video that someone in Japan was taking when they had the tsunami a few years ago. People are running and hollering, and the tape is unstable and hard to see in some parts because of this.
    However, you can clearly see some kind of white vaporish creature jump (how can a vapor jump ?) out of the rushing water and into a tree. Then , it decides it needs to move, and you can see it come down out of the tree/place where it was and jumps up and onto a roof. Then it goes from there onto another roof and out of sight.
    They slow the speed down all three times, so you can really get a good look at this thing.
    It looks like a wraith or ghost; but obviously is worried about drowning, and trying to escape from the flooding water.

8. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Some interesting theories here about what the shadow people could be. I have never actually seen one myself, but I do believe that they exist. My father a few months before his death kept sayingt that he saw a shadow in the hall way of our family home when there was no one in the hall way. I don't know if he was seeing a shadow person or if he was seeing a spirit reaching out to him because it was prior to his death that this happened.

Linda Binning likes this.
  9. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

That video is really creepy! I think so-called "shadow people" may be caused by time warps. That is where we can actually look into another time period without actually going there. Maybe when someone from another time sees into our time, we see them as a shadow. I hope that's the case, because that would be the coolest thing ever! LOL

Linda Binning likes this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Our brains are very complex, and will try and make sense out of everything unexplainable. We see a cleaners bag blowing in a storm and it becomes a creature from another dimension. We see shadow movement out of the corner of our eye, and assign meaning to it. I believe people see these things,because they want to. I don't think these creatures exist, but they are the product of our overactive, mysterious brain. We have blurred reality and fantasy so much, that we can no longer trust our senses, instead rushing towards a false conclusion. I know that's not a pleasing answer to many.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Terry Page likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Everyone has a blind spot in their vision, which our brains fill in to complete the picture, based on everything that is around it. If you've ever been driving for a long time, and are overly fatigued, you may experienced a sensation of movement, as if black things were about to come onto the road, at about the area where your peripheral vision begins. These are caused by the blind spots in your vision since, when you are overly fatigued, your brain sometimes neglects to fill these spots in. In my younger days, I have driven from the UP of Michigan to California without sleeping, and have experienced this.

Joe Riley likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I've read all the posts here and it sounds like the "shadow people" could actually be satan and the angels that God threw down to the earth because
    @Ken Anderson. https://exposingthelieofislam.wordpress.com/iblis-and-the-djinn-the-original-gods/

Sounds like those shadow people and Djinns are the same ones God threw out of heaven to roam the earth when they rebelled against Him.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  13. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Thought about this awhile, at first figuring, leave it alone. Yet, the more I think back, the more it seems that unexplained things, sounds mainly, have now and then appeared in my mind. I dismissed them as imaginary, and have never seen anything at all like is being described here.

Time warp? Years back, terribly "Sci-Fi" sounding, but today? There may be substance to it. Recent thought in Quantum Physics leans in favor of the existence in two places widely separated distance-wise, like billions of miles apart, of the same event happening simultaneously.

They call this "worm-hole" theory.

Frank

Patsy Faye and Linda Binning like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

I have never seen anything that I thought was a shadow person, but sometimes, things happen that are hard to explain how they occurred.
    One instance was when I was driving down a dark road fairly late at night, and there was a car that just kept following me.
    I was getting worried about it, because it seemed like the only people on that road would be people who lived there; but this car never stopped or turned into any of the driveways that I passed.
    Finally, I just started praying, and asking God to protect me if there was anything strange or evil about the car behind me.
    When I looked back in the rear view mirror again, the car was gone ! I hadn't passed any other roads or even a driveway where the car could have turned off onto, so it just basically disappeared.
    I have no explanation for what happened; but I felt much better when the car was gone; so maybe there are shadow cars, too, or at least shadow people who drive shadow cars ?

15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"Who knows the answer? The SHADOW knows!"