Server Error

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by K E Gordon, Oct 5, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

So, I can't get into one of my chat rooms citing a server error and 403 error. However, I was able to at the library. I have tried different browsers and also cleaning the cache and cookies, no go. How can I fix this? I need info. from the techies in the group...Thanks!

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We also experience that server error frequently in this past few weeks. In our case, the message is usually pointing to "the DNS server is down" or cannot be reached. The DNS is the domain name server which holds the database of the website names. That database is like a phone directory where you see the number and the name of the subscriber. With the DNS server, that is the first server that the internet connects to when you click a website. For example, you clicked on this site which is seniorsonly.club. The DNS server of .club should be working otherwise you will get an error message.

In short, you cannot do anything about that error. Just check again if it's already working.

Von Jones and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  3. K E Gordon

Registered

I don't get the DNS down error. My roomate told me to check the adobe flash cache, and to clear that out. I will try that, but I may end up having to talk to my ISP. There has to be a way to get into this room, as I was able to at the library. My server is blocking it here for some reason. They changed their setting, at the chat and I think that is the reason, but I noticed plenty of people got in there.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Server errors usually indicate, as you might expect, a problem with the server, which wouldn't be something that could be fixed at the user level. Sometimes, a server error will be returned if the connection is bad, probably because something is timing out.

5. K E Gordon

Registered

Well right now, my internet is in slo mo since I used up all my data for this month. It should reset Saturday, but I was having this error prior to it going into the data restriction phase so, I don't know. I guess I will check it Saturday, and see what is happening with it. I may end up having to call the ISP since it seems most people are able to get into the room. Thanks anyway though. There is info online about being able to 403 or forbidden errors...but so far nothing has done the trick.