Seriously Crazy Bb Gun Shooter On Oahu

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Krissttina Isobe, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

This kind of terrible shooting has been going on and off for a month now! It's happening due west from where I live towards Pearl Harbor towards Pearl City so far. Many are concerned and worried locally. The shooting seems to be random as the news suggests.

Lara Moss and Diane Lane like this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:There was another shooting yesterday aimed at a bus! It's so scary for I ride the bus. :eek:

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Dear Lord, that IS scary... :eek::eek: have the police not made any arrests?

4. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:No. It began last year suddenly and still going on. It seems to be a mystery for no one has seen the shooter that was reported anywhere! Hawaii was a mellow place to live, but lately it's been very bad. :( There was a boating accident with one fatality too of a family man at a popular beach. Things are different from my Mom's time when I hear her stories as she grew up walking to school several blocks away eating fruit from trees safely coming home. She lived in a time of out-houses, so I wouldn't like to live then though lol!

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I'm getting worried now Krissttina...because my daughter and s-i-l will be taking a very much looked forward to and very expensive trip to Hawaii as their big joint 40th Birthday celebrations later this year...:(

6. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:Hopefully the police will catch the culprit by then. B B gun incident is happening on Oahu only. Don't worry the cops will catch the lunatic!

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Krissttina I don't think this is isolated incident it is happening all around the world. I think the whole world is getting a little crazier every year. Yes I remember when I was young every kid had a BB gun and some even had 22 rifles and there was no damage a very rare time an accident but very rare.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:I did not know that this kind of situation was happening all over the world! It is sad that some people are trying to harm others. Let's pray and hope the violence will stop.

9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

It's a shame that times have changed so much. I definitely appreciate some of the modern conveniences, of which indoor plumbing is one, but I don't appreciate the lack of humanity we're seeing on display, especially in many of the larger cities. I wonder if this person is caught and points the BB gun at the police and is shot, if there will be protests? When the hands of the police are tied, it leads to people like this becoming emboldened, and also to copycat incidents.

Hopefully the person will be caught by someone turning him/her in and there won't be more violence. I think a lot of people haven't been taught to care for and value others as much as themselves, and that has led to an increase in these types of events. I don't know if anyone here watches Nightwatch. It's a reality television show set in New Orleans, and the film crews follow police, fire fighters and EMTs. One of the recent episodes showed a guy who had severe injuries from being shot with a BB gun.

Lara Moss and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  10. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:I don't watch Nightwaght. The news has nothing about the BB Gun shooter being caught yet as of last night Jan.16. :(

11. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It is getting crazier all the time. When I was a child we would look for a policeman if we needed help and they would go out of their way to assisted us. About 20 years ago I was in Detroit and was lost typical Canadian. I pulled over on when I seen a policeman first thing he did was go for his gun which surprised me as being Canadian I did not expect that. He finally told me how to get out of that area and back on the main road. Now it has got to a point that I would not pull over and ask a policeman anything he might shoot first and ask questions after.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  12. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:What an experience you had...guess the news said a Policeman who was parked and a man walked up to him shooting him 12x has something to do with your experience. Seems with every action there is a reaction the law of physics. There was another incident in the news that 2 police were taking a coffee break and was gunned down dead too...you wouldn't do that for you just wanted to get directions, but unfortunately other's have spoiled it for us. When I was growing up we were taught to trust policemen and the law. Guess when the public changed so did the officers of the law.
    *New York Times "Attacks On Police"

13. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Those mischievous imps are criminals. No matter if it is BB guns only but the damage they bring and the fear that they sow qualifies them to be in jail.

In the Philippines, particularly in Metro Manila, there are hooligans like that who throw stones on passing vehicles in the C5 road (in Pasig city and Taguig city). One of my colleague was passing there one night and their windshield was hit by a big stone which shattered the glass. But the culprit could not be found. Would you believe that there was a time a stone hit the windshield of an army general that caused him his death? Those rascals need to be arrested.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  14. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess he uses a BB gun because maybe it's not a felony but terrorism is what it is…and a high powered BB gun can still kill, no?

15. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

*:rolleyes:Opps it should be Nightwatch.