Senior Discount By State & Category

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Krissttina Isobe, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I found that we have Senior Discounts on Oahu like Foodland gives us every Thursday. Foodland gives us 5% discounts on everything we purchase on Thursday for the Senior Citizen shopper! It's great. I found this site that you can type in your State to find your Senior Discounts per category! Good luck and happy discounts!

http://seniordiscounts.com/

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

My husband has a senior citizen's card and he is now entitled to food discounts and even on groceries. For the weekly shopping in the supermarket, my husband's senior ID gives him a discount of 65 pesos (around $1.50) even if our checkout bill amounts to more than 10,000 pesos. But in dining out, he gets 32% discount particularly in fine dining restaurants. Truly, senior citizens here are taken care of although it came to be only just a few years back. Discounts here are granted to people aged 60 and above.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

That's terrific! I too have reached the age for Senior Discounts. Here on Oahu, we have Don Quiote and Ross Dept. Stores on Tues. gives us discounts of 10% and Don Quiote gives 5% off electronics on Tues., McDoanld's gives Senior Coffee Discounts prices and participation may vary, Burger King has .89 16 oz. drinks or 8 oz. coffees, IHop Rest. has a senior menu and so does Gyotaku Rest., Love's Bakery outlets stores has a 10% discounts daily, Foodland supermarket has a 5% discount on Thurs. and Saver's Thrift Shop has a 30% discounts on Tues. These Senior Discount starts at either age 55 or 60 years old. There's more but these are the ones I'm interested in. Thanks to you I found out I qualify for Foodland Supermarket Thurs. discount which you can get at age 60 which I thought was age 65! Too bad cable doesn't give Senior Discounts...I know I asked. All no card needed to get a discount. Yipee I get a discount at Foodland! For current Senior Discounts check yearly online too for your hometown.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Every little discount helps for sure! :)

5. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm 57 and get insulted when they ask if I'm a senior and the age is stated over 60 when I ask. I should probably find out who has what which day but I can't keep track. I know the one health food store is over 60 and I don't want to go in there on senior day and deal with them asking me. I think it's Tuesday or Wednesday. It's petty I know.