Selling On Ebay

Discussion in 'Self Employment' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 22, 2015.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I did use Close5 initially @Diane Lane, but my phone was so annoying in terms of posting things and slow to run it and everything I gave it up. I may start using it again as soon as I get this new phone activated. I plan on doing more things with that phone, which I know for a fact will be more user friendly than my old phone. It is just one of the multiple sales apps that are out there. I really don't know whether any of them are any better than any others actually.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I understand. I had the hardest time doing anything on the tablet I had, and the phone I have now (just use it with wifi at home) helps me do so much more, since the apps and internet actually work on it. I'm interested to hear how the app works for you. I'm not seeing any action in the Facebook groups now, and my items are just sitting on OfferUp, but that's still better than the constant scammer messages on LetGo.

K E Gordon likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

Registered

I want to sell a snowboard, and on eBay, there are dozens for sale, and of all the ones I saw listed, only a few seemed to have any action. The rest were just languishing on there. I am not going to pay listing fees and all that if I can't sell it. I posted it on the local Facebook groups and Craigslist. The picture ended up turning out strange though...I might have to post it again, or edit it or something. The thumbnail looked great, but it ended up getting cut off in the real pic. At least I listed it in CM this time, as that is how these are sold.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If I have anything larger, I usually try listing it first on the Facebook groups, perhaps Craigslist or free classifieds, and now, the selling apps. I don't like having to hassle with wrapping, packing and shipping large items, and I despise charging a high shipping fee, because I hate seeing eye popping amounts when I glance at that field on a listing. However, some people don't seem to blink at high shipping, especially if it's reasonable for that type of item.

5. K E Gordon

Registered

I think I am going to try listing this snowboard on Close5. I just really want to get rid of this item, that will never be used. My son didn't even use it, that is how I inherited it. Not only is it taking up valuable space, I could use the cash. However, anything less than 50 bucks would be a total rip off. I would sell it to my sister as they live in snow country, but both her boys have snowboards. Anyway, I will keep trying. I think there are some ski swap shops around here too, that might buy it.

6. Herb McDonald

Herb McDonald New Member
    Registered

I sell and buy things on ebay and also use my email nillanick@gmail.com for paypal transactions

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Is this you?

IMG_1163.PNG

If not...then sorry but you're the one that posted your phone number and email addy on here. I just looked it up.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  8. Jeanee Burke

Jeanee Burke Member
    Registered

I would like to find some things to sell on Ebay. I've never tried it, though, but I could use some extra income. I know people who made necklaces and jewelry and sold it and am thinking of something along those lines.