Seeing This Is A Must

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

When Trump was on the TV program called the apprentice.
    Trump Confesses To Paying Off A Stranger's Mortgage

Bess Barber, Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Look at this, I just randomly clicked on this this morning....Here's Donald trump aged just 34 years old talking about Iran, and discussing whether he'd run for president or not...

Astonishing... and amazing to think that he would be not only president but 36 years later he would be dealing with Iran directly

Tom Galty, Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I read that in New York city, city government was taking forever with studies; cost overruns etc. as a prelude to refurbishing an old skating rink for public use. When Trump heard about it, he took over and got the job done ahead of schedule and under budget with no compensation to himself.

I watched the videos. Awesome!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Bess Barber and Holly Saunders like this.
  4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I've posted this before, but I was a huge fan of The Donald...long before he became president. I remember when the car companies needed a government bail out. Ford went to Trump to ask how to get out of their financial mess. With his advice, they came out way ahead of the others and I think was the only company that paid the government back. Sure, he was always a little cocky (no pun intended :D), but he always put his money and energy in building up America. He is a true patriot.

5. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Is he a self made man or did he inherit his wealth @Bess Barber?

6. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

He not only inherited a healthy sum, but his father was a prominent builder/land developer in the Bronx, I think that was the area. Donald wanted to take his skills to Manhattan, where he went on to turn his inheritance into multi-millions. So, I suppose it was a little of both. However, just because he had a boost into the business, he would've still had to carry his own deals to have the success he did. As a matter of fact, his book 'The Art of the Deal' was a number 1 best seller for almost a decade due to sharing his business savvy.

Craig Wilson and Martin Alonzo like this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am not sure how you came to that conclusion after watching this amazing video of Donald Trump helping this poor widow (whose husband committed suicide when he know he would lose the family farm), and the farm had been in the family for decades.
    After 3 years of drought wiping out their crops, and then the mortgage company coming to take away their farm. Add to that loss, the grief of losing her husband to suicide, leaving the poor widow to try and deal with this all by herself; it must have seemed like an angel helping her with money to save the farm.

What does this heart-touching story have to do with the Australian economy and foreign investments , @Craig Swanson ?

9. Craig Wilson

Registered

No offence. I have deleted the post. It was a heartbreaking story. One that is played out every week on our farms.. during our driest ever period. People are losing their livelihoods.. walking off the land their family have farmed for generations.

10. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

Does your government have any preliminary plans of helping the people this is happening to? I know in huge disasters, our government will put into place financial aid or some revitalization plan so people don't go completely belly up. After hurricane Katrina, it looked like lots of those people were going to get financial aid and food stamps till Jesus came. :D

Craig Wilson likes this.
  11. Craig Wilson

Registered

Yes we have special disaster relief funds . But we have been hit by multiple disasters one after the other. The priority before the fires was keeping people on their farms due to a prolonged dry spell now it is rebuilding their burnt homes. Next it will be rehousing those flooded out by the cyclone season. This triple whammy will be a huge hit to our economy and will cost livelihoods. as there is simply not sufficient money to help everyone.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Bess Barber likes this.