Security

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Avigail David, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

How is security demonstrated in your present lifestyle?

My present way of life pictures a family of six. Three adult children have left home to care for their own chosen paths in life and with their little families. In a way, my sense of security is in my home. I've milled into the grindstone some educational accomplishments resulting to freelance and part-time work.

Homeschooling my remaining children rewards me some sense of peace and security for my children in providing teaching and training at home. More importantly, the love of my family is the heart and essence of my life.

Faith in God and His love covers all the security I and my family need.

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Avigail David, I too viewed security as being hard work and my family. But as of December 30th., my family has all died except for my grandchildren, and all of them except two now live on the East coast. So now I must find a different definition of the word security. Avigail, you can still teach your family to find see security with the additional thought of 'what if'. I know your family must be proud of you.

Avigail David likes this.
  3. Avigail David

Registered

Yes, @Ina I. Wonder , I will. The "what ifs" are always the difficult realities young children can handle. Thank you. Your experiences in life-- hard ones, have made you wiser and a mentor to us who are younger. How are your plans going with moving up to [Houston] near your brother and friends? I wish you well, as well.

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Avigail David, You are correct that life's 'what if' are too harsh to teach young children, but as you also know well, we never stop teaching our children. I guess the right time would be about the time young adults start a family. Life insurance is generally their first smart step in the 'what if' of this world. But, many choose not to think, much less teach our young how to deal with loss.

As for my own security, I have started off my moving effort by telling my two adult grandchildren that I will be moving away from the Houston area. It is a 45 minute trip for them to get to my home now, and after I move, their drive will increase to about a 2 to 2&1/2 hour one way trip. I want to live in the country again. It is a much simpler way of life, and that is what I need now. So I told them I would placing this old cabin on the market next spring. The sale of our five acres and both homes will allow me to built a small home in the Sam Houston National Forrest, and have enough to support myself if I am frugal.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

In this chaotic world, there is no such thing as absolute security. I have learned to live with the idea that security is only a state of mind - feel it and you enjoy life. When bad things happen, we just have to accept although we don't take it sitting down because we always try to find ways to prevent it from happening again. That is why religion is the bes-selling business because it is the only thing that can give a person peace of mind when it comes to security and not only in this life but also life beyond.

6. Avigail David

Registered

I still have 4 children living at home. 3 adults are making their way with life. Our youngest is 9 yrs old. So, I still have a fair bit of parenting to do. But I 'm beginning to pursue some passions with educating myself---the things that I put off for "a while".

I wish you well for a good sale of your homes and property as you move to the Houston Forrest. Blessings of good life to you, @Ina I. Wonder!