Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

@Faye Fox -- here's the pic. This is my hair today after a year and a half and several trims to get the "chemo fuzz" off. Soon it will look like my avatar. :D:D I don't know why I am always looking over my glasses when I take a pic with my phone. o_O

Photo removed. :p

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I love it! You look great with that length of hair. Are those different glasses? You look nice.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Pretty hair. My sister's hair came back silvery white. I've never seen a prettier color.

Krystal Shay and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, and yes, those are different glasses. I was afraid my hair would always look like chemo-frizz. It was really awful for a while.

Faye Fox likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Shirley. My hair has been silver/white for a while. I quit dyeing it in 2018 or so.

Faye Fox and Shirley Martin like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Ugh. I'm in a VBM right now. :mad: I ordered a flimsy overpriced bamboo shelf unit for my Aerogardens to sit on, and it came earlier this morning. The mailperson left the box on the porch in the rain and by the time I noticed it, the box was all soggy.

So my plan was to get a cup of coffee and sit on the floor to assemble the thing while my husband is over at his mom's.

I didn't get far; just laying out the pieces to make sure everything was included for assembly. My luck is holding at "sucky." Here are the pieces laid out. As you see, "something here does not belong." Part B has an issue since the two pieces don't match in size or in design.

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

o_Oo_Oo_O

Here's the instruction sheet...

IMG_1895.jpg

So I ordered a replacement from Amazon that's supposed to come tomorrow. I'll keep both until I match up enough correct parts to assemble a single shelf unit, then I'll return what's left. :D

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The replacement shelf unit came today and had all the correct parts. As I knew would happen, when as I started spreading out parts my husband hustled into the living room to see what I was doing. I just had to look helpless for a minute and then he took over. (I've been pulling that off for over 30 years now. Works like a charm. :D)

The shelf unit is all assembled and looks pretty good, but definitely isn't fine furniture. It will work well for its intended purpose. After cooking and cleaning the kitchen, I made a cheesecake then cleaned up that mess. Now I'm too tired to move the Aerogardens but tomorrow is another day.

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Too bad you had to return it. That is such a hassle. A small Japanese backsaw would have corrected that miscut quickly and in a hurry. :)

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'd rather just swap it out (which is free from Amazon) than to deal with splintery bamboo. Plus if I putzed it up, they wouldn't take it back.

Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't had that luck with Amazon recently. For free returns, including free return shipping, I have to take it 50 miles to an authorized UPS store. I can ship it back here but they deduct $9.95 from my account. That really frost my cheeks. :D

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I hate paying return shipping too, but if the product is defective or damaged they don't charge any return shipping. Also, it matters whether the item was actually purchased from Amazon or one of the marketplace sellers, who have their own return policies.

Luckily for me, I have several UPS drop off points within 10 miles of here. One is between here and my MIL's house so my husband drives by there a few times a week.

Faye Fox likes this.
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

There you go throwing the benefits of big-city living and having a husband in my face. :D:D:D

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I have had products arrive damaged that I have ordered from Amazon, I am rarely even asked to return the item. They just ship a new one. On a few occasions, when things have gotten stalled in shipping, they've simply sent another, allowing me to keep the original shipment when it eventually arrives. When I have been asked to return something, the shipping is paid for. I simply package it up and leave it on my porch, and UPS will have the return shipping label when they pick it up, although sometimes I have to print the label out.

Don Alaska, Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I recently ordered some mason jars; one of them was broken in shipment. They told me to keep the unbroken ones and gave me a full refund for the entire order. I suppose it just depends on what the item is.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think so. Electronics, I usually have to return, unless it's something cheap.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.