Search For Jessica Cain

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

This has been in the news off and on for years, and the wider story has been on several television shows and made into a movie.

Jessica Cain, a 17-year-old, was driving home from work late one night, and disappeared. She has never been seen again, and her body has not been found.

Many girls have gone missing in this general vicinity over the years, and the section where Jessica Cain went missing has been dubbed 'the killing fields'. I used to work close to where she went missing. Tim Miller, who is the founder of Equusearch, a search and rescue/recovery group based here, is working with the police. What many don't know is that Tim Miller's daughter was one of the girls who went missing. Another was a distant relative of Marilyn Monroe. Equusearch has participated in numerous searches, even the one in Aruba, for Natalee Holloway.

I can recall when I lived in Houston years back, stopping in various gas stations, convenience stores, and restaurants along the I-45 Freeway on the drive town to Galveston, and seeing so many Lost and Missing posters of different girls posted in the windows. The search for a body on this property is ongoing, but I hope whatever they find brings some peace to families. One of the saddest things is reading that Jessica Cain's family thinks she was taken to Mexico back when she disappeared, because it makes it sound as if they think there's still a chance she could be alive, which is unlikely.

http://abc13.com/news/police-resume-search-for-jessica-cains-body-in-se-houston-field/1218344/