Sean Spicier - Trump's Press Secretary

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sean Spicier, President Trump's press secretary, has a very good sense of humor. These are from his Twitter account - his personal one, not the official one. These are not necessarily in chronological order.

spicier-4.jpg
    spicier-2.jpg
    spicier-3.jpg
    spicier-1.jpg

2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL!! This was a great read, thanks Ken;) I liked where he told the press that it works both ways, I can't remember the exact words, but something about them holding us accountable, and we WILL be holding them accountable!! :)

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I like him, he really does have a good sense of humor....and he's going to need it for the next 4 years! :p

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Since I'm at a hotel, where they have live television, I have been watching C-Span, and Sean Spicer just did an excellent job with the press. He was respectful yet forceful, with a good balance.

He pointed out that when the press is wrong about a story, they can issue a retraction or even change the record of their original report to reflect the new information, but when Trump or anyone on his staff says something that later turns out to be inaccurate, the media assumption is that they were lying, and that becomes the news for the next news cycle. If we are supposed to allow the press to be in error from time to time, shouldn't that be extended to others as well?

He touched on a lot of issues that needed to be discussed. When Congressman John Lewis decided that he was going to boycott the inauguration, he made a point of stating that this was the first time he felt the need to take such a step, the press spent a full week playing off of that statement, yet no one in the media bothered to check or to report the Lewis had boycotted George W. Bush's inauguration as well, giving largely the same reasons. Even after that became common knowledge by those in the media, very few media outlets pointed that out, and absolutely no one called Lewis a liar. Why is Trump lying if he makes a statement that turns out to be wrong but Lewis is not lying when he makes a statement about his own actions that turns out to be wrong?

Joe Riley and Babs Hunt like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad I don't have cable or dish right now...it's bad enough seeing and hearing the News Media's crap on ABC. CBS, and NBC. Can President Trump do anything about the News Media?

7. Ken Anderson

I like C-Span. They just play the video and let the viewers figure it out for themselves. What little commentary there is, it's clear that they do their best to be non-partisan.

Augusta Heathbourne likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I watched the press conference and was impressed with Spicer...he's got a good sense of humor. I like that they're also going to add Skype ability so that some other further away journalists can contribute.

He did a great job today in my opinion....I'm in love! :). Is he married?

Edit: I see that I already mentioned his sense of humor a few posts up...I must really like it.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I used to like to watch the News Hour on PBS. I felt they did their best to have both sides to an issue covered without bias. But during the election coverage I could actually see and hear Judy Woodruff's dislike of Trump and I just don't feel she's going to give him fair and impartial coverage since then. I might watch it tonight though to see if that has changed.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

Boy isn't that the truth, I think any without a sense of humor will not have near as much fun as we will;)

11. Denise Evans

Registered

Such a shame, I never used to be bothered by folks like Carson etc., because they were "equal opportunity" with their humorous jabs;) As far as news, when I was really young I remember we trust Huntley Brinkley, but I didn't really know what was going on either and I think we only had one news station too!! ;) Oh yes, and Cronkite! Seems lots of folks loved him;)

Now all we have is a whole lot of bottom-feeders, meaning if they don't have anything bad to say, they make up some lies.

12. Augusta Heathbourne

Augusta Heathbourne Veteran Member
    Registered

Joe Riley likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I've seen some of his briefings and I still like him and still think he's funny.

14. Augusta Heathbourne

Augusta Heathbourne Veteran Member
    Registered

I like him, too. I think it is very hard to have to think on your feet like that, day after day. I sure couldn't do it. He seems like an earnest and nice guy.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, and he sure doesn't have it as easy as the last one...all the media loved Obama, now they give Spicer a very hard time....it's an uphill battle for him in my opinion.