Saving Money... Stacking Coupons

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Mari North, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I just learned a valuable lesson! There was a shirt on sale I wanted at Christopher and Banks. Put it in the cart and looked for coupon codes as I always do.

I found two... a free shipping, and a 10% off order. I put the free shipping code in and it came off. Then I decided to try the other one because Kohls and... I think Macys (not sure about that one) have stacked for me in the past, but not many places do that. Also figured it wouldn't take a discount off of a sale item, but it did! It took both codes!

Most places will say that there's already a code applied and won't allow a second.

Any other places you know of that allow stacking?

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My daughter's the big online shopper, so I'd have to ask her. When I buy something online I have no clue and just pay what the price is.

Mari North likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have never even heard of looking for coupon codes ! Please enlighten me, and anyone else who hasn't learned about coupon codes yet. I am all for saving anything I can, and I have seen the places where you can apply a code; but I have no idea what you could just look for one.
    I only use that area when I have a gift card (like from Amazon) or when I buy something on Elite Deals and use their coupon code.

Mari North and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I knew about it because I've heard my daughter mention them but I don't pay attention always. Although my daughter shops high end, she is the queen of discounts. She will work it til she finds the lowest price possible.

I think it's a rush for her, because she doesn't even need most of it.

5. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Most places online offer discounts... free shipping, a percentage off, or sometimes, as I gladly found out today, both. :) Just open a second browser (or find codes ahead of time, I guess!) and before checkout, just google, like if you're shopping at christopher and banks, "christopher and banks coupon code" or "christopher and banks discount"... you'll get a number of hits, but you'll soon know which places are best. I mostly pull up the result of "retailmenot". Sometimes I try couponcabin but they all generally have the same coupons. Those two places never have the expired codes at the top like some places do that don't update often enough.

Then I just check what's the better deal... free shipping often amounts to more than a 10% discount. If you get free shipping, try a percentage off, too... couldn't hoit. :D What places won't do is accept two percentage codes... I've tried... can't use a 10% plus 20%... but wouldn't that be great?!

What else? If one code doesn't work, keep trying. My best deals are when I find 40% discounts... maybe for new customers, maybe not. I used to get 40% off *every* time I ordered at Metro Style, but they stopped that. Too bad!

Yvonne Smith likes this.