Saved Files Help Needed

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Frank Sanoica, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Denise Happyfeet

Denise Happyfeet Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Have you ran your anti-virus software @Frank Sanoica I don't know what is causing this, but you could start by running that. What do you have for Anti-virus protection?

2. Denise Happyfeet

Registered

Use your Chrome Browser then Frank. Not Internet Explorer. You can use any browser that works, so yes, use Chrome and see if you can follow the video to download the software. I would set Chrome as my default browser and it should ask you if you want to do that when you open it instead of IE.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Denise Happyfeet
    OK, I have opened the link using Chrome. The screen I am seeing is not the same as on the video, whic h I have open on another login. The big green Download choice is labelled "Advertisement" and is on the right side of the screen, not left as you show.

4. Denise Happyfeet

Registered

Ok Frank,

I've done what I can, and really didn't see you around when I was willing to do this with you so I suggest you get a "shop" to work on your computer.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Denise Happyfeet
    Well! Yes, I was surprised and delighted by your offer to help, but could not jump through any hoops exactly when they were thrown at me. Now I've spent several hours trying to unravel all this, and seem to be on the right track, finally. It seems the link I thought you used for the vid was wrong. Now, I've found the correct one, it matches the start of the vid, but the steps following "download" are completely different from from those you run through.

Now, a complete "change of heart". I suppose I should have been expecting it? I tried your patience, I guess, but maybe it's really my own ignorance of PCs that's at the root of it all, isn't it?
    Frank