Saturated Fat Better Than Oil

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

After 60 some years the truth is coming out this lie about cholesterol being bad is falling apart. A new study showing that frying in lard is better than oils.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...toxic-chemicals-heated-says-new-research.html

In the last two years there has been many scientist coming out about oils being bad and fat being good a few doctors have wakened up but the medical system still have a lot of statins to sell.

2. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

The results of the research showed that certain types of vegetable oil, such as sunflower and rapeseed might give off toxic chemicals during heating. Olive oil and coconut oil are still considered to be safe, so lard and other animal fats are not the only option if you want to stay healthy.

3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

All oils will oxidize and when heated oxidize faster. This is why good fish oils are encapsulated in a nitrogen environment.Free radicals have been proven as the cause of many ailments. Considered as safe the FDA lists all drugs as considered as safe. I now have no oils in my kitchen I have some in my motorcycle where it does a good job. Crisco was first developed as a lubricant for German submarines but without a war they sell it as food

4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Dr. Mercola, well respected, wrote this article in 2003 but echoes the same information posted here. He doesn't mention Avocado Oil in his chart but you can cook Avocado Oil safely at high temperatures. It's harder to find. Coconut oil comes refined and unrefined…check it out.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/10/15/cooking-oil.aspx

Olive Oil is not healthy to cook with. It's very healthy though if you sprinkle it on after you cook.

5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I have some Jewish friends that use chicken fat to cook with. I think they call it schmalts(??). What do they know about chicken fat that most of us don't? When I have asked this question, their response is that their family has always used chicken fat. So, what is the info on cooking with chicken fat?

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Hungarians cooked a lot with rendered pork fat...maybe not so much now but in my grandmother's and mother's time.

Martin Alonzo and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

It has been awhile, but until about 15 years ago, I would render pork fat after slaughtering a hog. Rendering animal fat can be dangerous, so I always did it outside on the BBQ pit. That way if you got careless, and the fat caught fire, you didn't burn your own house down. Who doesn't think mmmmmm when thinking of eggs cooked in bacon grease? It also makes great biscuits.

8. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have high cholesterol level according to my doctor and it runs counter to my high blood pressure. Our cooking oil is Canola and I cannot remember when and why we shifted to that. But in fairness, my cholesterol is back to the normal level starting this year. Maybe it is the result of the herbal tea that I am drinking. No, it is not the tea in the sachet that is sold in the mall. That tea is made from lemon grass, banaba, sambong and pandan - our plants in the garden that is therapeutic because I had been drinking that for years.

Back to the saturated fat, I guess it depends on the constituents of your body. There are bodies with no allergies and some have bodies that do not easily get sick.

9. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Before there were any studies at all, no one ever thought about cholesterol I expect. Eating right, instead of eating foods/or drinks/ that have always been or became unhealthy, insures that there is no worry concerning cholesterol at all - don't even have to know the numbers for that matter. Just eat right and get better.

10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

It is in line with the Creator's Instructions , which He Promised His people that if they obey Him, He won't put any of the diseases on them that He puts on the pagan nations/ people all over the world.

11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Now known as "Toxic food", or gradually disease-causing like many other foods.
    The "war" is going on, by enemies foreign and domestic, destroying the people "legally", and still hiding it from them .
    The same fat that was good thousands of years ago, if you can find an uncontaminated un-corrupted source, is still good today.
    What was bad thousands of years ago, is still bad today.

Marie Mallery and Mary Stetler like this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

The doctors are starting to change their minds on Cholesterol but the big bucks on statins keep them from changing

Don Alaska likes this.