Sarah Palin - Not Again!

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Mal Campbell, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, it's official. Sarah Palin told The Washington Post that she's "seriously interested" in running for president. Now, I understand that a lot of people want to see a woman run for president, but seriously, can't they find someone (anyone) who is more qualified than she is.

Oh well. We'll just have to wait and see how far she goes.

Fredrick Jones likes this.
  2. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

She is hilarious. Obviously in her stupidity she is a lot smarter then me, since she can find people to donate money to her, and vote for her.

She also gets paid thousands of dollar per a speech to yell nonsense. When I yell nonsense, no one pays me.

Proves again she is smarter then me.

3. Mal Campbell

Registered

No, she's just prettier and has a better publicist!

4. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Who is the smart one? Sarah or perhaps Hillary? If you think about it from the political sense the only thing that could make Hillary look good would be to run against Sarah Palin. Seems Sarah's war cry is "If you want things done..." Well Sarah, hate to be the naysayer but it seems like Hillary has been doing things. Maybe no the right things, but sure more then you have been doing. Hey maybe Michelle will run you just never know!

5. Joss Brown

Joss Brown Veteran Member
    Registered

If you can't say anything nice..... I do think it's impressive that she has managed to stay in the public eye and she makes a living at it. I do think she is dangerous. She may run, but she isn't a serious contender.

Fredrick Jones likes this.
  6. Fredrick Jones

Registered

No my problem is I can't keep a straight face for too long when I spout nonsense. It was during the early 1990s I bought my first computer, I have no idea to this day why I bought it, I was already a bit older then the average user. I just had some extra money, I saw a computer, and it looked cool. Anyway I signed up for yahoo chat and stuff, but I got bored with normal chatting. So I would adopt various personalities.

So I would join various chatrooms and pretend to be a white supremisist or an fundamentalist right wing Christain. I would then see how far I could go. So I would say stuff like all blacks should be eliminated. Or find bible verses that say homosexuals should be stoned to death. Then basically I would troll, but more as a social experiement. I wanted to see how far I could go, before people saw I was joking around.

The scary part was, the more crazy I was, I would attract like maybe the 10% looney fringe. And they would start private messaging me saying hey I agree with you 100% etc.

I can do the same thing in real life, but after 5 minutes or so I start laughing. That is my problem :)

7. Mal Campbell

Registered

I think you may be onto something here!! She does have the unique ability to talk nonsense while still appearing to be normal and sane! She's even mastered the ability to look thoughtful and concerned at the same time.

I agree with the "looney fringe". Unfortunately, they've gotten louder in the past few years. Not to sound like my grandmother or anything - "I don't know what this world is coming to."

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Not to defend Sarah Palin, because she wouldn't be my choice as president either, but most of what we believe as to the intelligence or unintelligence of political people is based on what the media chooses to focus on. After all, who is the political animal who said that he had visited all 57 states during his first campaign, who believes that Hawaii is in Asia, and that Austrian is a language? Who is the man who believes that civilization began with the Muslims? Yet, while we may have heard these things on daytime talk shows, we've heard nary a word about it from the mainstream media. Dan Quayle was too stupid for consideration as a presidential candidate because he wasn't paying close attention, and read a pre-prepared card that spelled "potato" incorrectly, yet Obama was the smartest man to ever run for the office after visiting all 57 states. Surely, Sarah Palin has said some dumb things but she's anything but the dumbest potential candidate.

9. Fredrick Jones

Registered

The "looney fringe" has always been there, but until the internet you couldn't reach them. A 1% niche 40 years ago had not value, you couldn't reach them. Today if you have 1% of the US population, that equals a lot of money.

Also you don't know how much is real, and how much is an act. George Wallace when it came to actual results did a lot to improve Alabama economically. But as he himself said, when I talked about building roads and schools, no one listened. Then when I started talking about blacks, everyone listened.

Jenn Windey likes this.
  10. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Just goes to show that social media really does have a purpose after all doesn't it? As far as the 1% having an awful lot of money I guess that would all depend on what demographic that 1% was from wouldn't it? There is an awful lot of people in they United States that barely have two sticks they can rub together. There are equally as many people that do not have two brain cells to rub together either and I can assure you these individuals are not necessarily in the same demographic.

Mal Campbell likes this.
  11. Mal Campbell

Registered

Very well put! I agree completely. Now if we could just get a few more sticks and quite a few more brain cells and do a little "redistribution", we'd be all set.

12. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

Except as a means of getting rid of the current white house resident, I'm not looking forward to the presidential race of 2016. Not looking forward to finding out who the media favors or the mudslinging that will follow. It just gets so ugly and people grow tired of it long before the election comes about.
    I suppose she might give it a shot, but I don't really see Palin in the running.
    I would hope not, anyway. I want to see someone who can take Hillary on, because I believe she will be the media favorite--unless the dems ask her to bow out again after pulling yet another surprise winner (loser) out of their bassoons.
    It would make sense that a republican win in 2016 just because people should be ready for a change (change is not a word I particularly like anymore when associated with politics) but I have a feeling it's not going to go that way. Even if it did, it would have to be the right republican to make any difference; and, right now, I have no idea who that might be.