Samsung Or Apple?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Angel J More, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Angel J More

Angel J More Veteran Member
    Registered

The way I see it, the top competitors in the global gadgets market are Samsung and Apple. Both are user-friendly with features that are almost parallel technically.

I think for most people, it's the initial exposure and growing familiarity with the gadgets as these evolve over time that will make them stick with the product. For instance, the first-time owner of an IPhone tend to buy the subsequent products developed, never mind about Apple's operating system updates which Samsung already built in the system. It is like their own comfort zone.

I was an owner of the first Samsung Note and even with the initial problems encountered with it which were later on addressed by Samsung, I moved on to purchase the latest Note 4.

2. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I prefer Apple, but it's more expensive than Samsung in general. :/

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have an iPad and an iPhone, and I dearly love both of them. Since all of my family alsso have Apple phones and iPads; it is much simpler for all of us to communicate using them. We have the iMessages as well as Facetime; and there is a special airdrop where you can instantly send something like a picture or a webpage to anyone else who is close to you. I use that when there is something that I want to send to Bobby so he can look at it, too.
    I have never tried Samsung, and have no interest in doing so, although I know they are also an excellent product.

4. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

I have always had Apple.

5. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

My preference changes with the season. :)
    Back when Apple had their 3GS phone out, I opted for that one, as it was simply the best one around. That fantastic piece of work is still alive, and even after I used it for years, my wife can still use it as her daily phone.
    Nowadays, though, I find that their so-called "innovations" (totally not copied from someone else) are either gimmicky or redundant. That's why I tend to go with Samsung now. I really like my S4, and I think I'll keep it for at least one more year.

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

With smart phones, Samsung is getting the better of iPhones here. The main consideration is the cost since iPhones cost so much. And in the near future, I am predicting that iPhones will go the way of the dodo because of the stiff pricing of their new phones. Where before there was that long line of orders for a new iPhone, now there is practically no line for reservation. It seems that the charisma of apple phone is waning. From what I gathered it is a 3-cornered fight with iPhone, Samsung and Windows Phones.

7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I think I might substitute Android for Samsung in this discussion, because the Android technology is used on many other devices, and some seem to be very popular. I've used Apple devices and been pleased with them, but have never had an iPhone. I think each type of device appeals to people because of specific qualities, and I don't think those who love Apple will be switching any time soon, and the same with Android lovers. Although I had Samsung at the top of my list when I was looking for a tablet, Android was what I really cared about, because it seems to be a stable and flexible operating system. I did end up going with Samsung, but that might not always be the case, even though I'm happy with my device.

8. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

My devices are Samsung (Tablet and phone), Android operating system-- my husband explains it to me. My sons use Apple iPad for school. I find my tools user-friendly and multitasking. I like the pictures better than the Apple phones.

9. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

First time I heard of Samsung was back in the late 1980s when my parents gave me a 14" television as a birthday gift, I must say the best TV set I have ever owned.

From then onward, I made of Samsung my favorite brand, bringing home a microwave oven, and refrigerator and so on. All of the household appliances, all of them great ones and some of these put aside but still working if you would try to use them.

After the turn of the century, I came across with Samsung manufacturing phones and got an answering machine that was not very good, then a cell phone that similarly broke, actually I still have a Samsung smartphone aged 2 years old that went crazy past year and still turns on and off for no reason at all, when not saying "connecting to PC" when it is not.

Needless to say I have stopped to buy Samsung-branded products same I stopped buying Canon when I began to have horror stories buying typewriting machines, faxes, and photocopiers of this formerly-camera brand. Still having an analog Canon camera that is just great!

Even though, Apple is an expensive brand and not longer top-notch when it comes to technology, as they are following both Windows and Blackberry pathways, delaying too much with new releases and newer coming with very little improvements.

So that, I don't have a favorite brand for tablets or smartphones, I buy those that meet my requirement whatever brand they are, and when it comes to tablets, I'm more familiar with Android devices that iOS.

From Apple I only have an iPod Touch that practically is never in use.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  10. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have Samsung Mega Note which I like. I have never wanted an Apple device until now that I have seen that watch. I like the looks of it but I would never pay that much money for the device.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Pat Baker If you're interested, there are many similar gadgets by other companies, that are less expensive. I have my eye on getting a fitness device whenever I can afford it, it counts the flights of stairs, etc., and some of them actually enable texting and other such functions.

12. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Carlota Clemens, we bought a 32-inch Samsung TV last year which was on sale in the mall at only $400. It is the new flat tv with some other functions like a USB access for video (no more dvd slot). With our experience in using it, so far so good because the picture is very clear and the sound is also very clear. I just hope that it will last long with us because our old tv lasted for only 5 years at the most and later on would be having problems.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Both of our iPhones are Apple and we love them, especially FaceTime. Our tv, Blu-Ray DVD Player and Sound Bar are Samsung.

Yvonne Smith likes this.