Samsung Exploding Washing Machines

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Diane Lane, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Apparently, in addition to having trouble with some of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7s exploding, they are also having issues with some of their top loading washing machines. It seems the problem occurs when washing heavy loads such as bedding, and they are recommending that owners of those particular machines wash their bedding on the delicate cycle. I don't really see that as an option because I'm not sure the delicate cycle is sufficient to clean the bedding, but I don't have a Samsung washing machine. Hopefully the company will replace those washers with less combustible models. Here's a link with additional information, in case anyone would like to read further.

Krissttina Isobe and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Another reason to bring back "MADE IN U.S.A."

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

well I have 2 TV's so far so good

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Another trouble for Samsung? It looks like the manufacturer is cursed. Maybe they should consult a Feng Shui expert, huh. But seriously, an exploding appliance is a big risk to the family particularly with a big one like a washing machine. What I was afraid of is an exploding microwave because it can surely be injurious and can even cause fire. But a washing machine can also do that, depending on how it would explode. But I'm free from that worry because we have no washing machine. It is unbelievable but we don't have that appliance yet.

5. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank God I'm not the one who does laundry at our house!!

I guess I should suggest the @Ken Anderson be careful!

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

The more advanced that technology becomes the possibility of defects occuring that present more injury and/or loss of all types. This reminds me of this one commercial where all the automated machines are going haywire in an office and the digital clock reads 'HELP.'

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Haha, I don't think I've seen that commercial. I saw something earlier on Twitter about an iPhone exploding. I think the companies have to explore the circumstances in these cases, because there are some people in the world who will always seek to make a profit off of something, and it could be someone jumping on the bandwagon after the Samsung issue, and hoping for a bit payday.

Von Jones likes this.
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered