Sacked Worker Wins Almost $8 Million In Damages

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Holly Saunders, May 14, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you know this place @Chrissy Cross ? Wow, I bet they wish they'd kept that video footage if it ever existed, which I doubt..

A fast food chain restaurant ordered to pay a former employee $8 million for unlawfully firing her intend appealing the court's decision.

In 2015, Chipotle Mexican Grill sacked Jeanette Ortiz after claiming that it had CCTV footage of her stealing $626 from a safe at a restaurant in Fresno, California.

However, when Ms Ortiz asked to see the surveillance video, her bosses said it had been destroyed.

After being fired from her management position she filed a wrongful termination suit, and last week, Fresno jurors ordered the fast food chain to pay her $7.97 million in damages, according to The Fresno Bee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5724669/Ex-Chipotle-manager-gets-8-million-wrongful-termination.html

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I know the restaurant chain but don't ever go there.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I know of the chain also but would never eat there. They have had issues with E-coli outbreaks I believe.

But on to the story, she made out well. Did she take the money. I guess who knows. But it kind of bothers me someone getting this kind of money. People get fired wrongly for things and never have any recourse. They have to pick up and go on and find another job. This one made out like a bandit. Some people have all the luck. And yeah she got fired but she got lucky too.

Holly Saunders likes this.