Russia Orders Officials Home, Warns Of Global War

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Read more: Daily Mail

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Now this has worried me for a good thirty years. Those that have been watching as we have grown more aware of ourselves as a global population instead of as individual countries have to at one time or another realized that eventually there would be a fight to be top dog. Eventually one country must prevail. Who will it be?

There are those that immediately think of an all in one world population. But, that will not happen until long after all the fighting and bloodshed are way over. Is this, (I won't call it the first), the sign that the gore of a global war is about to wake us up? Or will we continue to burry our heads in the sand until the war has overwhelmed us.

This is only the beginning stages of what is to come, and right now I'm hoping that reincarnation is not true.

3. Ken Anderson

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know if my hunch is right but this creepy news may be triggered by that bickering in Syria. It is now clear that Syria has been the battleground of Russia and US similar to a proxy war since the 2 superpowers are siding with opposing parties. So maybe now is the right time to go to a real battleground?

I was listening to the radio yesterday. The issue being talked about by the commentator is the South China where China is prohibiting Filipino fisherman from fishing in the Scarborough Shoal which is a part of our country. The commentator said that a war now is so unlike the previous wars where guns and cannons were dominant. Now, it is the button that is most powerful, i.e. button to detonate nuclear bombs that could kill hundreds of thousands. Think of what happens to the world when those buttons are pressed.

5. Ken Anderson

For the record, Fox News picked this story up too.

@Corie Henson, I think it has to do with two things. One, as you say, Syria is a point of contention. The other is that, however we may dislike communist rulers over here, Putin has been working pretty hard to hold a good image overseas and I don't think he enjoys being used by Obama and Hillary as a pawn in Hillary's election campaign, being accused of hacking, and of interfering in our election. He has objected to being brought into it before.

We should never trust Russia, or blindly trust any foreign government but if we are going to continue this war on Islamic terrorism, whether we use the name or not, Russia is a natural ally and there is no need for them to be our enemy.

Whether we like the sort of government that they have in Syria or not, that is the legitimate government. Not every country is a republic. We're barely a republic anymore, and what we're trying to promote here and overseas is not a republic, but a democracy, which is a type of government that cannot work long-term, as the rights of the minority are always suppressed by the majority. When those who are in power control the media and the Internet, keeping the majority is certainly doable.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't read the news lately. This seems premature, but perhaps that's because I haven't been keeping up with international affairs. It's getting so I don't believe much I read, and definitely don't believe most of what I hear on television. It does appear there's acrimony between Putin and Obama, but we're pretty close to the election, so the timing of this seems suspect.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

That's because a large part of the acrimony is related to the election. With no evidence whatsoever, Obama and Hillary have been blaming Russia for hacking the DNC files and for interfering in our elections, which is something that Putin has objected to in the past. I have viewed the live hacking map repeatedly, and eighty percent of the hacking attempts on US servers has come from China, very little of it from Russia.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Putin doesn't worry me ..I don't know why but he just doesn't. It's not based on anything, just how I feel. Maybe because when we lived in Hungary, my husband met a lot of the businessmen from Russia....some were supposedly mafia but they were all nice.

9. Ken Anderson

We certainly have more in common with Russia than with China or any of the Islamic countries.

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I for one fail completely to understand how or why it might be "politically advantageous" for the leader of a superpower like Russia to make such pronouncements. Could be his personal reaction to his hatred for Obama, in which case he inflicts that particular distaste upon the whole American People, instead of only their "leader".

I am still at the stage of believing this stuff is "gerrymandering".

12. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I still suspect Obama might end up being our last president. With Iran acting more crazy by the day, Obama might just stay in power.

13. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis I don't think the people of America would stand for that.

I remember the protesting and sit ins, and all the other ways of objecting this country went through during the late 60's and 70's. I was in Boston in that period, so of course I just had to be part of it. The apathy of today's younger generation seem to reflect a general lack of faith in our political system as it is.

How do we get today's youth to understand that they truly can make a difference, but only by banding together and making themselves heard. That has been the solution so many times in our history.

Why have we stopped doing this?

Ike Willis likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

This could get serious and the sad thing is that it seemingly has more to do with our country's concentration on a presidential election at the expense of serious foreign relations problems between the world's two major nuclear powers. Here's the CNN story on it. This being reported but Trump bashing remains at the forefront of the news.

Ike Willis likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

US Nuclear attack warning upgraded to Level 3.

Frank Sanoica and Ike Willis like this.