Roundup Contamination?

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Eric Cook, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think if you want to stay away from residues, you will need to go organic all the way. At least we are supposed to be safe from chemicals and GMOs when you buy certified organic products. Monsanto was trying to get GMOs included under the term "organic", but as far as I know, they have not yet succeeded.

Eric Cook and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska
    Little-known fact I found in an obscure book long ago: Before the outbreak of WW-II, I forget the actual year, that's unimportant anyway, Rockefeller's bank, Chase Manhattan, loaned Adolph Hitler $150 million, when it was certain war was imminent. Following the end of the war, Rockefeller legally foreclosed on German properties mortgaged to it, thus reaping enormous benefit from the War.

Rockefeller had young Americans' blood on his hands...............

Frank

Eric Cook and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska
    Just how "concretely" might we rely on "certified organic", asks this skeptic? What recourse short of extensive, costly analysis might we all have to become complacent and agreeable to acceptance of "certified organic"?

Trust alone? Gasoline contains Benzine, in quantity "strictly limited" by government regulation. Benzine is bad stuff; the enormous amount of gasoline exposure experienced by everyone is routinely overlooked. Rubber tires are made using constituents dangerous to human beings, yet millions of pounds of that rubber is left on pavements throughout our country annually. Where does it all go? How much is in the air along those busy freeways lined with endless humanity, say, between San Bernadino and L.A.?
    (rant complete)
    Frank

Eric Cook likes this.
  4. Eric Cook

Eric Cook Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Man, the more I read about Monsanto the more upset I become. heck, I'm not even an environmental activist.

Sheldon Scott and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Eric Cook

Eric Cook Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't want to go wandering off thread but you are absolutely correct. There were many famous Americans in bed with Hitler: Joseph P. Kennedy and Charles Lindberg, to name only two.

Frank Sanoica likes this.