Roundup Cancer Verdict

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"A jury's $289 million award to a former school groundskeeper who said Monsanto's Roundup left him dying of cancer will bolster thousands of pending cases and open the door for countless people who blame their suffering on the weed killer, the man's lawyers said."

[​IMG]

In this July, 9, 2018, file photo, plaintiff DeWayne Johnson looks up during a brief break as the Monsanto trial in San Francisco. Monsanto is being accused of hiding the dangers of its popular Roundup products. A San Francisco jury on Friday, Aug. 10, 2018, ordered agribusiness giant Monsanto to pay $289 million to a former school groundskeeper dying of cancer, saying the company's popular Roundup weed killer contributed to his disease. The lawsuit brought by Johnson was the first to go to trial among hundreds filed in state and federal courts saying Roundup causes non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, which Monsanto denies.

https://frontier.yahoo.com/finance/news/jury-awards-289m-man-blames-055859090.html

Don Alaska and Martin Alonzo like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Not much use to him but it will certainly help his family.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Monsanto has been a company making products harmful to humanity since before WW-II. Disgusting part is, they knew it all along, always claiming the products, involving synthetically-made chemicals, was dispersed in low concentration over widespread areas, thus making the actual amount present at any given place very low.
    Frank

Don Alaska and Martin Alonzo like this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I was just about to post this and then I saw the post

When will we learn?

For a few years now the medical system and mostly the alternative medical system have started to talk about gluten intolerance and when people get off gluten many problems go away. I myself when gluten free and cured many illness. What if the problem was not the gluten because this same problem does not happen all around the world. What is the difference well let’s look at the way we get our wheat years ago small farmers would wait until the fields were dry and ready to harvest then using a combine do the fields the wet areas would be left for later. Now the fields are thousand acres and are all combined at the same time. How can they get a field which has wet spots ready at the same time as the dry places? Well they wait till it is almost ready and then spray the whole field with Roundup [glyphosate] the plants all die at the same time and actually give more grain. Farmers like the idea because it is easier on equipment. The wheat absorbs the roundup into its system killing it. Glyphosate is now considered to be a cancer causing product and many law suits are in the court one I think just gave millions of dollars to a man dying of cancer. He was only spraying it not eating it. That next sandwich could be a killer.

Roundup cancer

https://minnlawyer.com/2018/06/21/monsanto-faces-man-dying-of-cancer-in-roundup-trial/

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Why is it that 'experts' always differ in opinion over the same subject !
    Who's the expert ! Huh ?

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Who pays the experts is the answer to your question

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The WHO declared glyphosate a "probable carcinogen" some time ago. Monsanto took the decision to court and had it reversed. I think ALL herbicides have harmful effects, and many GMOs also, but that is not so clear. I don't use any herbicides or GMPs on my place as I don't believe they are safe. If you eat wheat, corn or soy however, you are exposed to both. Gluten intolerance has been around for decades, but only recently has it become widespread. It HAS to be due to something environmental, but it is difficult to narrow down the cause.

Frank Sanoica likes this.