Ron Desantis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I think DeSantis words were excellent. Even Trump admits to what he did, that's what I understood about it anyway?? DeSantis wants to stick with the real problems he has to deal with, he know Trump can take care of himself.

Marie Mallery and John West like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

DeSantis is getting hit pretty hard in a lot of well-trafficked podcasts, though. I haven't heard what he said. I'm not a Republican and won't be registering as a Republican to vote in the Primary so I'll just look at my choices in the general election. I don't see myself voting for DeSantis if he's the GOP candidate because his populist conservatism seems to be politically motivated rather than felt. I expect he'd be the equivalent of electing someone from the Bush family or, at best, someone like Ronald Reagan, who said a lot of the right things but took his direction from someone else. If I were to vote for him, I'd be voting against someone else, and wouldn't be at all excited about it. However, if Trump is the candidate in the general election, I'm all in. Despite a few flaws, many of them exaggerated or media-generated, he has a proven record.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

Does anyone see a viable candidate chiming in on the Left? I sure didn't when biden made his first run.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

They didn't have a viable candidate in 2020, but yet...

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Great point, may I never forget :confused: From what I've seen on "chats" for videos of DeSantis, Floridians want to keep RD right where he is, they don't want to share and I can't blame them ;)

Mary Stetler and Marie Mallery like this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

That's be one busy person keeping up with all the agendas they have now.

7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Manchin?

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

I almost forgot ,I'm done with politics.:confused:

John Houlihan and Ken Anderson like this.
  9. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It may be helpful to remind ourselves that the left's idea of candidate viability may be altogether different since they tend to vote based on near-religious beliefs, progressive emotion and indoctrination rather than rational thought. Add in a good dose of cognitive dissonance and the idea of leftist viability becomes a joke.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

None of them is above reproach or ridicule. I like some of Desantis politics but not all, he has not been honest about stopping big sugar from destroying Everglades. He ran on stopping big sugar then took donations and it is still messing up the environment.
    He keeps inviting in more people when our water is being polluted and salt water is coming in now from the Suwannee River polluting our springs which happen to be the largest concentration of natural springs on earth.
    Engineering of the canals and runoff algae from Lake Okeechobee and cattlemen not doing a good job with runoff.
    I don't think we have any one person who can save us but I know a couple do what they can,like Desantis and Trump, but is it enough?

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Fox News is definitely telling people that the bushes (George and Jeb), Paul Ryan, and Karl Rove are running the DeSantis campaign, although I have not seen anything where DeSantis has announced that he was actually running for president at this point, so maybe they are just trying to make it look like President Trump has a viable opponent in the Republican Party .
    If DeSantis does hit the campaign trail, it will be interesting to see what the attendance looks like, compared to what Trump always gets at his rallies.

Disney World is sponsoring the largest gathering of the LGBTQ people that has ever been held, and it does not look like Florida is objecting to a gay extravaganza being held at a children’s theme park.

677CF8C0-4FFC-4BB1-8330-796F02B65F8F.jpeg

Mary Stetler and Denise Evans like this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

I would have thought DeSantis would get with his supporters and end this "gathering". I say keep your children home.

I'm not sure I trust the news about Ron being supported by Rhinos. I'd like to hear what "he" says about that, I don't trust Fox News if they're spewing this, just doesn't seem like DeSantis but again, I have been wrong many times about people, especially politicians.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

I'm disgusted with politics and the game they seem to play.
    Every 4 to 8 years they change from republican to democrat and every 4 years or so our nation becomes worse.
    I've been feeling like the cussing bandit George Carlon, " its a club, and you ain't in it". Minus dozens of cuss words.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  14. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.