Roll Call

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Hedi Mitchell, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Dang, and I just got here, hey; come back, Faye. She seemed like a good poster, to me.:confused:

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Marie Mallery ? Last seen 10-1. I know she had been sick. Anyone know if she is okay? Babs Hunt? I read she was on another forum posting, but that was a ways back.

Marie Mallery and Jake Smith like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don’t know about Babs being on any other forum, @Hedi Mitchell , but she is a facebook friend, and often posts on Facebook. I think that she is just a lot more involved with her family right now.
    Jake Smith (Marie’s husband) was here on Friday, so I think that they must be okay, too. He didn’t say anything about Marie still being sick.

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

lol sorry to me FB is non existent anymore. Just thought it odd Marie has not posted in almost 10 days. Tnx

5. Jake Smith

Registered

We're ok, just been busy planting and did have a little fun yesterday. Thanks for caring enough to ask about us. :)

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm ok Hedi, thanks for asking. I just take a break from forums now and then. Also, we have been busy starting Fall Garden,cleaning,etc..

Jake Smith and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Paging @Tony Page !! I see you check in occasionally but you're mighty quiet. Hope all is well with you and your family.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

So much synchronicity, hubby and I were just talking about Tony a couple hours ago. I was telling him I should ask about Tony.

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

It's rather a long story but it started a few weeks back I was feeling down because of my lack of ability to work around my property and house due to my back and age, just when I felt it couldn't get any worse we had a house fire and lost all of its contents to fire, water, or smoke damage. We're just grateful all six of us got out alive.
    We are living in two mobile homes on the property. We're waiting for cable company to set up Wi-Fi and TV.
    We've been spending a lot of time with insurance adjusters, contractors etc., all we had when we got out of the house was what we were wearing and what was in our pockets, so we've been shopping for the basic things we need, Etc.
    My use of the internet has been spotty.
    One positive thing that came out of all of this is the wonderful people that came forward with help.
    I'll try to stay in touch as best I can I miss all of you.

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Wow, @Tony Page , that is one of those posts that a person wants to acknowledge that they have read it and care, but not put a “like” on the post !
    What a terrifying experience for all of you, and I am so thankful that you all made it out of the fire alive and unhurt. So sad that you lost everything, some things can be replaced, and some things we can never replace because of the sentimental value they hold.
    Has someone started a GoFundMe or something similar to help you with the costs of replacing things ?

Sending you our prayers for all of your family , and thank you for checking in and letting us know what happened. Until the Wifi is set up, you will probably not be able to post much, but keep in touch as you can and let us all know how you are doing…… we all CARE about you !

11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

My daughter with her three kids, has been getting donations of clothes toys Etc. They have made money collections at work for her, and friends and relatives have donated appliances.
    She's in one mobile home my wife and I are in the other so it's like setting up two households.
    We have gotten funds from the Red Cross to help with replacing things.
    The insurance company I sent us a check covering the down payment for the mobile homes with an advance for us.
    I've tried a few times to go back in the house and get some nostalgic or valuable items but I Limited it because I get a lot of wheezing even wearing an n95 mask.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thats terrible, Yvonne pretty said my sentiments. I think too it is a good idea for someone to put up a 'GoFundMe for y'all.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  13. Jake Smith

Registered

Man, Tony, that's terrible, so sorry to hear you have been having all this happen to you, and you're family, I will be saying a prayer for you, and your family, that things get better fast. Glad you got some help and will pray that there is more.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh my goodness, Tony!! I'm so sorry about the housefire but so glad to hear that you're all OK! WOW, I can see why you've been pretty busy. Take care and let us know how you're doing. I'm so happy to "see" you.

Lois Winters and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Cyber Hugs to you and your family. Glad you are all OK. Hope the insurance comes through well.

Lois Winters and Bobby Cole like this.