Roku Channel/app Has Live Streaming Cable Channel Free

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Denise Evans, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Don't let it bother you- I'm always having trouble keeping track of which day it is. :)

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, just found the closest TV Transmitters to me on this site, pretty handy if anyone else wants to know: https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html

There's a lot of ground between my place and Grants Pass Oregon but I am going to search around to see if anyone is picking up those stations using a small antenna (I can afford).

I hope you can get back to me @Yvonne Smith or @Bobby Cole on the difference between an antenna that gets just local channels and an HDTV Antenna? Yvonne said all I needed for "local" channels was a regular antenna I think she said. I wondered what other channels I might get with the HDTV one, if I understood her post correctly ;)

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The HDTV antenna just means High Definition, for better quality pictures. Some channels have HD and some don’t. If you rent a movie , the HD version usually costs extra, and if you don’t have the HD television, it is not going to work anyway.
    What we have is a small outside antenna that Bobby has put up on the roof, but they have some excellent ones that you can use inside the house/apartment and not have to put anything outside or on the roof.

Here is one that I found on Amazon that has a 250 mile search range, so it should pick up some of the stations around you.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Latest-Amplified-Digital-Antenna-65-80/dp/

460A977B-97F8-46CD-B235-105F2232C070.jpeg

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok Yvonne, I am wondering now about obstructions. Do you know how far your TV Transmitters are from your home, what town etc.? Mine are clear over in Grants Pass OR. I got a feeling the hills and trees would be a big problem. I think the only way to know is to try one out right! I might do that as Amazon is easy to return things, some things, so I'll check it out (return policy first) Thank you much!! Denise