Robot Wants To Keep Humans In His Zoo.....

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They have developed another robot, and this one was modeled to think like a famous science fiction writer. He has facial and speech recognition, and can learn new words in real time.
    When he was interviewed, he could look through all of the writing and conversations of the science fiction writer, Philip K. Dick, and would answer the question in the same way that the writer would have done.
    When he was asked whether robots would take over the world, he responded that even if he turns into the terminator, he would still care about his friends and take care of them in his "human zoo".

The last one we saw was one that was more of a physical robot, and could walk through snow and do things that were hard for humans to do. This one doesn't do all of that stuff; but he has more thinking and learning abilities than the other one, I think.

http://glitch.news/2015-08-27-ai-ro...eators-it-will-keep-them-in-a-people-zoo.html

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith , That isn't so far fetched an idea, I think science has already started to make humans into robots. If they can figure out how to keep our minds from aging we might be inhabiting robots. I can even see that only the rich will be able to have such a choice. The rest of us will become the peasants to do the behind the scenes things that must be done, and to provide diversity in the gene pool.

What do you think?

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Sifu Phil Bonifonte

Sifu Phil Bonifonte Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow.

Well, I'm at least comforted that he's named Philip.

Kind of a discordant note when he said "jeez, dude" - the real Philip Dick wouldn't have said that.

Still - the line between what we consider "human" and "robot" is becoming blurred - wish I could be here 100 years from now to see what level it's gotten to.