Richard Paradon - Today

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Richard Paradon, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

A ride on a rickety old bus could be interesting. Not "are we there, yet?", but, "Are we gonna' get there?"

Some pictures would be nice. Some of us who have never been to Thailand might like to see some shots of things that interest you.

Richard Paradon and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Allie! I do have one in the Travel and Vacation section but will be more than happy to add more. I have lost a lot of pictures I had but I am planning to do quite a bit of traveling this year and replace them. Perhaps I can find some on an old disk today.

Allie Seay likes this.
  3. Allie Seay

Registered

Since you said that I had to go have a look in the travel section. The building itself is very beautiful but it was that (the whole) coupled with the picture of the woman doing the carving that got me. I've always loved to see people carving large pieces.:)

Pictures are more easily lost today than they were when we had actual paper photos. They faded so over time, though, that I don't know which is best. In some ways I kind of like the way the old photos fade. It seems to be an apt reflection of the fact that time changes things. It blurs the edges and softens things and I think I rather like that in the long run.

Still, digital is handy. So handy, in fact, that I find myself having to weed and delete my pictures often so I don't have way more than I will ever look at.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  4. Richard Paradon

Registered

I will most likely be gone for a couple of days as I prepare paperwork, copies, bank letter, etc. for my Visa renewal. When I come back I should have a couple interesting posts, hopefully some pictures and will catch up with everyone. So in my absence, have fun and remember to smile at a stranger!

Allie Seay likes this.
  5. Richard Paradon

Registered

Well, it is all over! Got my visa and now am legal to stay here one more year. I am happy that I decided to renew it one month early as now I will be able to enjoy the Song Kran - Thailand New Years Celebration and Water Festival without having the visa on my mind. Now, I am back once more and will try to catch up will all the new posts and people!

[​IMG]

6. Allie Seay

Registered

Good for you! Sounds like you're ready now to relax and enjoy for awhile.

7. Richard Paradon

Registered

Thanks, Allie! Yes, I am ready. It is funny because that is the only thing I must do that takes any amount of energy and it does wear me out. But now, it is almost April and I promise I will post lots of pictures and fun things regarding the Water Festival!

Allie Seay likes this.
  8. Richard Paradon

Registered

Good morning. I am writing this with my new smartphone and I am totally amazed that it is working. At this stage of the game typing is faster but it is good because I can take the phone anywhere I want to go. It is hard for me to speak slowly and there are a lot of typo`s or should I say "tongue-o"s!

Edited on my pc. Strange to talk into a machine and have it actually type for me.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Allie Seay likes this.
  9. Allie Seay

Registered

I haven't gotten brave enough to try using my smartphone for posting here. I might try it sometime at camp, but fear whatever I have to say will come out garbled or unfinished. It would probably have to be very short also. I doubt Ken is ready to go so far, but I think we need an ap for it in order to do it very often.:)

In the meantime, if you ever see me make a post that looks like I did it blindfolded I'm probably testing my ability on my smartphone and it will likely be several days before I can get to my laptop to actually explain what happened.

10. Richard Paradon

Registered

I am using it often on Skype but some words are rejected. "Samsung", for example, comes out as "Sam's Song!"

Allie Seay likes this.
  11. Richard Paradon

Registered

Since I have no internet for the next few days l may as well use the smart phone. It is slow but it seems to know what word l want to use next! That is pretty amazing to me. Lol, am I finally catching up with 2015?

12. Richard Paradon

Registered

It has been once messed up week computer wise. We were without internet service for about four or five days. Now it is finally back but very slow. I am writing this on "word" as it is part the computer and not internet reliant.

I do have a couple of bugs in my computer so yesterday I took it to the shop and it acted just like a car. You know, barely runs until the mechanic looks at it and then it is like brand new! The tech has it on tests for three hours and it ran like a dream…

So, that is why I have not been here too much. I can make a post on the smart phone but that takes forever as well. So, the ips guys are supposed to come out tomorrow one more time and perhaps they can beef this mess up. I am also thinking about buying one of those cards for internet. Only $20 a month which I don’t want to pay, but if it is fast and reliable then I won’t mind.

OK, now to copy and paste and hold cross my fingers!