Richard Paradon - Today

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Richard Paradon, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

OK, am I supposed to start this with a Dear Diary? Hmmmm, I don't think I could do that, so I will just say what is on my mind or going on in my life occasionally!

It is hard to conceive catching cold when you are living in a tropical country like Thailand, but I somehow managed to do it. I am not sneezing too much but pretty much sweating, then freezing, coughing and pretty much feel as if a truck has and is still running over my head, This is day two and I am feeling better than yesterday, but it is annoying to be stuck in the house.

My Thai friends say it is because of the quick change of weather recently, but I am not sure of that. Last night I woke up shivering so bad that I put two blankets on top of me. I feel like getting a bottle of whiskey and sweating the cold out but I'd probably just wind up getting drunk and then I'd be totally useless. And so, that is where I am today...miserable! :(

2. Richard Paradon

Registered

.I am feeling like a person again today and that makes me happy. So since I am fine, my internet connection is on the blink again! Big grrrrr! But if I had to make a permanent choice, I’d take my health. After my walk I decided to make Chinese noodles and was taking pictures and making a working post and all was well. Then as soon as I started to upload to Photobucket, the internet took a nap. So perhaps that will get posted here today along with this one.
    Tonight I am going out for a few drinks with my friend from Shanghai and we will probably have a good time laughing. We only see each other about three times a year but it is always fun. We met last year as he and some of his friends were at a bar I go to occasionally and of course were talking Chinese. As usual, my curiosity outweighed my shyness and I told them they spoke pretty good Chinese. This made them laugh and soon I was invited to join them.

After hours of waiting the internet finally came back and I have about enough time to post this and my noodles!

3. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad your feeling better Richard, being under the weather is never fun. I can identify with the Chinese noodles, Usually when I am starting to feel like I maybe having a cold or sinus issue I go for wonton soup. Never fails to make me feel a bit better.

Do they have clouds in Thailand? Long ago I used to use photo bucket but after awhile I felt like the service left much to be desired. I upload to a cloud now instead. Although the E-photo sites are nice I usually just look for someplace to temporarily transfer the files so I can access them to work on them. Then I burn the finished ones to a disc and print the ones I want. I like to mess around with the pictures I take, zoom in areas, crop out stuff, things like that. I have been itching to do a few composite pieces where I borrow elements from different picture I have taken. You have to love programs like photo shop.

Yvonne Smith and Richard Paradon like this.
  4. Richard Paradon

Registered

Hi Jean! Your reply made me laugh until I figured out what you were talking about! I was going to reply, sure, we have clouds, all countries do! Then I figured out you were talking about Cloud. Yes, we have that too, but I never bothered much with it. I am not a photo freak but so anything I need to do is done on Paint. Thanks for the well wishes!

5. Richard Paradon

Registered

Sorry I have not been around in awhile, poor internet and some personal business needed to take care of. Also am thinking of moving to a different place, but I hope I will not need to.

6. Richard Paradon

Registered

I am lucky to be alive and still enjoying my life, but from time to time events happen that seem to sour it a bit. I have been living in the same apartment here in Thailand for over seven years and had planned to stay here until it was time for me to pass.

Unfortunately, "Lady Boss", the owner, who used to be very cheerful and happy seems to be changing with some mental problems and now is making life here very difficult for the remaining residents and many of us are moving on our own, and if she decides you have done her some harm, she will just decide to have you evicted. My best friends here are leaving at the end of the month which makes me sad, but they have had enough of the madness.

Her mood swings started about three years ago and are getting more frequent as the time evolves. I am not sure if I will move yet, but am going to be active in looking for a new place. I wonder what it was that started her downfall and hope that she will recover, but at this time it does not look to favorable.

So one more adventure coming up for the old man!

7. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry you have to be searching out a new place to live when you thought you'd found "the one".
    I would like to think that where I'm at now would be my home from now on, but I'm pretty sure that down the road, I too, will be looking for something else. I think it will just work out that way.
    I wonder what happened to your landlady.
    Is she old enough to think it might be alzheimer's or something of the sort?
    Even something like diabetes can cause erratic behavior if it isn't treated properly.
    I hope she has some family who realize that something is going on with her. Someone like that on their own--with no family around-- tend not to get any help.
    At any rate, good luck finding a new place. You might find something you like very well and end up happy for the change.
    I hope so, anyway.

Richard Paradon and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Richard Paradon

Registered

It is a strange situation because even thought she is living in a strange world, I still like her. And at the moment she still likes me as she brought me some food the other day, shortly after I wrote the post. I guess I will just play it by ear. At the moment, my focus is on renewing retirement visa this month and when that is finished, then I will be able to evaluate more on what I want to do. If she remains cool with me, then I most likely will stay as I really like my apartment, but if she starts to be antagonistic towards me, then of course I will leave. There are always vacancies around and now that most of the Russian people have gone as their money is pretty much useless, there are even more. Thanks, Allie for your concern!

Allie Seay likes this.
  9. Richard Paradon

Registered

Today is finally money day! Good old Social Security should be posted in my bank in a few hours and that is always a nice feeling. I also had a nice feeling when I opened up my email as I received a notice that one of my articles was purchased. It is a good site and you can write whatever articles you think are good and may sell. I put out about five a few months ago and forgot all about them but now I may start submitting one or two each week and see what happens!

So with all of my money (lol sounds like more than I have) I will pay my rent, get my monthly haircut although I could probably wait another month and probably by next year haircuts may be a thing of the past for me, and do some shopping.

I will spend a few hours here reading and writing and then it is off until tomorrow! Hope everybody is happy and enjoying their life!

10. Richard Paradon

Registered

Come and Go

The section in Pattaya (Thailand) where I live is similar to the original "Sims" game. It is about 99% Thai and the other 1% is composed of foreigners like myself. It seems as if people and businesses spring up out of nowhere and leave the same way. Today, as I mentioned in a previous post, two of my foreign neighbors are moving out (because of the apparent mental condition of the owner) so I am the only "oddball" left in the complex. I was expecting an eviction notice myself (no reason necessary) but instead was surprised by a small discount on this months rent, a half bottle of whiskey and she also told me that my internet would now be free. So while I am still slowly looking for another residence I feel secure here for at least another month.

Another place that I eat at often is now closed and the adjoining house is up for sale. They were here longer than myself but it just seems to be the way of this soi (street). It seems as if every few days there is something new to ponder...new business or no business!

[​IMG]

Allie Seay likes this.
  11. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe you're being an "oddball" is working for you where your landlady is concerned. Could be she likes you because you're different. Free internet, a discount on the rent (even if it is small) and a half a bottle of whiskey sounds pretty encouraging to me.:)

Richard Paradon likes this.
  12. Richard Paradon

Registered

Me, an "oddball"? Allie, do we know each other or are you psychic? LOL While I am sitting here this morning eating a piece of cold pizza for breakfast, I will have to ponder!

Yvonne Smith and Allie Seay like this.
  13. Richard Paradon

Registered

I have expressed more than one time to God, thanks for my great health! I am 69 years old and with the exception of occasional kidney rocks (I don't make stones) I have little to complain about. I do have foot cramps at times while I am sleeping and I have to jump out of bed and put all my weight on my heels and then the pain dissipates. Yesterday morning while I was sleeping I woke to big time pain in my left calf. A super cramp and since I can not stand on my calf, I had to stumble around my bed, almost falling down at times for a few minutes until it was over. All day long it was painful so not only did I feel like writing but I also had to cancel out a sailing trip. Today I am back to normal once again and more thanks to God!

14. Richard Paradon

Registered

Right now, if you are reading this, is actually yesterday! And the reason you are reading something that I created yesterday is because I knew I would be lazy today! LOL, confused yet?

Tonight, or to you, yesterday, I am going to a party and will probably drink a few too many and realize from the past that tomorrow, today, I will be too lazy to do very much. And to continue just a bit more with this nonsense, since I live in Thailand which is +7 time zone, it is already tomorrow for me! Here is is Sunday, 4:45 pm and in New York it is 5:45 am Sunday, Los Angeles is 2:45 am.

Hmmmm, did I just hear (tomorrow) somebody say, "Richard, please be quiet?"

15. Richard Paradon

Registered

Yesterday I had to go to Bangkok, to the USA Embassy for some paperwork I need to file with my Visa renewal application. What a boring day. It takes about 2 1/2 hours each way on an old bus that is looking to fall apart at any moment but fortunately keeps on running. The AC was working fine and that was a good thing. Bangkok has never been my favorite place in Thailand as it is too busy for my likes. Traffic jam after traffic jam, but of course I only go there for business. It, being the capitol of the country, does have some great places to visit and one of these days I will go with camera in hand and do a tourist day!

Allie Seay and Von Jones like this.