Richard Paradon - The Morning Bum!

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Richard Paradon, May 22, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning!

It is another beautiful day here in Thailand and of course, in my opinion, it is just one fantastic place to live as a senior.

I still smoke, but only buy one pack at a time or I will smoke every last one until there are no more. I know it is a nasty and unhealthy habit, but I am down to one pack a day now where it used to be two or three. Anyway, that is not what this little bit is about.

The nearest store that is open is about one block from my home and I just got back. I have not shaved yet and I look pretty bad with those white whiskers trying to make a statement and I neglected to stick in my dentures as well. I was wearing the same t-shirt as I had on yesterday, a pair of shorts that are not underwear but pretty close and some old flip flops. Pretty comfortable to say the least! And the beauty of this is that nobody cares! In the States, there is no way that I would leave my home looking like a bum in training!

Now after reading that, you will probably not believe me when I am always proper! I was surfing the internet looking for something to amuse me, and I found the answer to one of life's more difficult decisions! Something that we all need to know! "Eating utensil etiquette"!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_utensil_etiquette

Now the next time I make a meal, I will know exactly what to do!
    And my closing thought is why do we use a spoon to stir an instant drink when a fork is much more effective?
    Have a great day and don't forget to smile!

Allie Seay likes this.
  2. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmmm....I can't remember ever seeing anyone eat with the fork tines down. The whole thing makes me think of how aggravated I feel when eating fried chicken in the company of folks who make me feel like I really ought to be using that knife and fork.:)

Thailand really does sound like a most relaxed place to live. It would be nice to know that no one would think one way or another if you rolled out of bed only to make a quickie store run in your favored old home-duds.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In the United States, you can only do that when you're going to Walmart.

Richard Paradon and Allie Seay like this.
  4. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

That's very true although many end up on a walmartian site. Some people might not care but I'd really hate to open up one of those emails and find some less than desirable photo of myself looking back at me. I think I might faint.:)

Richard Paradon likes this.
  5. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL, I preferred the much more classy K-Mart!

Allie Seay and Ken Anderson like this.