Rewards of Hard Work --Tony Maglica's Story

Discussion in 'Self Employment' started by Joe Riley, May 27, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Carlota Clemens likes this.
  2. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't help feeling touched by inspiring stories like this, mainly because they involve elderly people.

I told my mom this might be sign of being aging, but she says sensibility has nothing to do with age when someones is showing us how a man or woman can make a difference.

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

My grandfather owned a small chain of clothing stores and even when he passed the management of them on to his son, he still went regularly to the stores into his eighties. Right up until his death at 89 he did not let his deafness and poor health prevent him from being involved in the business.

My first job was in an insurance office and it was run by the son of the founder, but the old colonel who started the firm continued to attend business meetings etc until his death.

Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Edwin Clarke

Edwin Clarke Veteran Member
    Registered

The best way to become senile, I believe, is to sit in front of the TV day after day and do nothing, mentally or physically.
    Being active physically and mentally means you grow old slowly and gracefully.

So I feel young. Of course, that's not quite what the mirror tells me, but it is a more positive attitude to life.
    Inspiring stories like the above only reinforce what I feel, and what I see in other people.

Chatting on this forum does no harm either :)

Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I do believe a person needs to stay active in some type of activity to slow down the process of aging and keep their brain active.