Retiring On Low-income

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Denise Evans, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Shirley Martin , You can come live with me. I live alone in a big old log cabin, and I'd do the dishes. But you would need the gift of gab, it can get lonely around here.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

A log cabin in the mountains????? OMG, let me go start packing. :D Can I bring Libby

Libby small.jpg

and Bubba

Attached Files:

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry @Shirley Martin , no mountains. I live NE of Houston, Texas. My home is one of the last of it's kind around here. The original structure is 25X26, it is now the living room. It was built in 1870, and the rest of the house grew as needed. But it is too much for just me, so I'm going to sell it and downsize.

Libby is beautiful, I have a Golden Retriever and a Chorky. I love dogs. Furbabies

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Abby, the pic you posted looks like one of those "best places to retire" pics. It's stunning and with nearby trails and everything. I'm so happy for you. :)

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm new to the forum Denise, but wanted to convey only the best for you hun with sprinkles of blessings and prayers. Awhile back I took in a family. They are doing fine. They have jobs and a place to live. But oh boy it was trying, lots of driving to appointments and court appearances. I had one boy arrested, he wanted money, fining for drugs high on Spice and broke the window in my door. He's clean and has a good job, and never thought it would happen. Paid for the glass he broke. ;)

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks to both you ladies, I've struggled learning to actually stay put, been here since Jan. 7 now:) I moved around so much, part of the reason my job history is so broken, and ended up with very, little income. I am blessed to be here, and feel safe. Did you ladies see the silly video I put up about the Senior Olympics at my apt. complex:)?? We sure had fun;) denise :p

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.