Retiring On Low-income

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Denise Evans, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Ina, and Everyone,

Ina asked me how I am doing so I wrote this to her, but wanted to put it in the right category. I am a low income senior, but I am blessed with some wonderful choices of places I can afford to live. This is the one I am trying for right now, and the original notes Ina and I wrote to eachother:)

That note meant so much this a.m. Ina;) Thanks, and yes, things are moving towards my dream of a "forever-home". I recently got a call from an apartment complex (beautiful) in Crescent City, CA. I've jumped through all their hoops now, so just waiting on a call to tell me if they will offer the place to me:) It's Christmas so I think things are moving slow of course, but until then, I got out of a very stressful room (renting in a boarding house) with this gal that has zero personality, and zero sense of humor. Thank God, now I am in a room with 3 roomies, and there are two that are nice, and fun too;)

God bless you Ina, and thank you for thinking of me;) I'll try and put a pic of what I can see of the apartments from Google earth, and a couple of Crescent City, CA;) The one called Apartments behind shows just a peek at what they look like from the outside;)
    redwood cove.PNG
    apartments behind.PNG
    crescent city with beach and harbor.PNG

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. Denise Evans

Registered

This is a pic of the pretty lighthouse they have:

[​IMG]

This one below is not photo-shopped and shows more of the lighthouse:

[​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder and Ike Willis like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Denise, we've all been really concerned about you and have been asking about you both on this forum and SF....a couple of people were able to let us know recently that you were fine and were posting on FB, so that was good to know..and put our minds at rest, you know we all do really care about what's happening to you, and worry when we don't hear anything for a while, but I know it's difficult for you sometimes to get online.

These new places look fabulous and really hope you get the best Christmas gift in the world and get a new apartment very soon...take good care of yourself chikadeee.

Holly.. x

4. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh thanks Holly;)

Yes, I know there are some good folks on SF, I may post there again after I am settled. I was just telling folks here (where I live) about my friends online like Ina. Told them I thought it was going on 2 years now, since I have met some of you;) hugs, and thank you again;) denise

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yep it really is 2 years...shame you couldn't have got near Mrs R after all...but it sounds like you might be in a very good place in your life and with good friends too, so that's a bonus!!

6. Denise Evans

Registered

This is also subsidized housing in Crescent City, and I can move later if Bella Vista calls me. I just doubt I would once I'm settled. I mean if I really like it in CC;)

7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Denise, you don't know how much that cheered my day. I woke up crying, and then slapping myself for it, I was getting dizzy. It seems there are a few of us that have developed a friendship that knows how to uplift each of us when we need it. AND THAT'S A GOOD THING.

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

It's great to see you around in the neighborhood, Abby! I am hoping that the New year will bring good news and that your home will come to be! I hope you are seeing the Doc and taking your meds, and that you are doing well! It' always good to see your posts! Thank ye, Miss Normal!;)

[​IMG]

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am so glad to hear from you, too, Denise ! Even though I check you Facebook every day to make sure that you are still posting something , it is much better to have an actual update from you and hear what is happening in your life.
    I think it is wonderful that you and Ina can cheer each other up like you just did today also. Both of you have been going through stressful times, and we all need all of the friends that we can have to help us through those kinds of times.

The apartment looks awesome, and I hope that you are able to get a place there. Does it have amenities like washer/dryer and maybe even a swimming pool ?
    I think that I went through Crescent City many years ago when we went down Hwy.101 through Oregon and into California. I remember going through the redwoods.
    It looks like you are in a beautiful part of California, and hopefully far enough away from the fires and floods that seem to come after.

Good to see you an the forum, and enjoyed the pictures, too !
    Prayers and Hugs........Yvonne

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    Holly Saunders and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  10. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello Denise, I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you. I check SF now and then but haven't posted there in nearly a year. This forum is much better though not a active.

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

thanks all, just a phone text to say thanks;) Denise ps no Yvonne no pool or private w/d but still very nice

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

Hi Sheldon;) Slowly (way slowly) but surely things are getting better:) Good to hear from you as well. I haven't posted for some time now, and finally feel pretty much free of it. Many of the folks I like have come over here so that's neat. I just don't get into it like I used to. I think when I am settled I may again though, but it would be here:) denise

Ken N Louis likes this.
  13. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good to see you around again Denise, I have also heard about your ongoing good news from other members, I hope everything works out for you soon now. :)

Denise Evans likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Registered

Awwww Ina ((( Hugs))).....I know it's hard for you at the moment lovely lady, and nothing we can say or do can really help, but you know we're here for you in any way we can...don't forget that we really do care. Hope you feel a little bit better today...one day at a time chikadee...one day at a time.. xxx

15. Denise Evans

Registered

Hi Terry, being on a forum is fun, and I miss being here more. When I get that apartment, which I know for sure I will find one, I will have my privacy, and freedom back. I do get some free-time in the dining room area of the house, most mornings. Know one eats at the table so it's all mine;) I sit and have my coffee and check things on my laptop;) Thank goodness I "decided" on a laptop hey;) :D