Resolution To The Oregon Malheur Wildlife Refuge Standoff Legal Charges

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't seen much in the news about this standoff that took place in Oregon a while back, but apparently the case has gone to court, and those who had occupied the Malheur Wildlife Refuge have been acquitted of the charges. Here are two different versions of the story, one from Canada Free Press and the other from NPR.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know much about this one, probably because I don't like "standoffs" and tend to avoid reading about them.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I typically don't like standoffs either, but if you're going to read up on one, this would be the one to do so on. Apparently the judge hasn't and isn't going to release them because they're still up on charges related to the previous incident on their father's (Cliven Bundy) ranch. Here's another link that talks a bit more about it. I knew more about that one at the time it occurred, but my memory isn't what it used to be. I find it interesting that the press seems to keep pushing the angle that the family is a bunch of scofflaws because grazing fees weren't paid to the federal government, yet this is the same group that seems to push the current admin's (and HRC's) agenda of going easy on illegals and bringing in an excess of new immigrants. I doubt I agree with everything the family/group stands for, but I and many others are becoming concerned about the way the government treats citizens.

Chrissy Cross likes this.