Reminiscences Rely On The Past... Pms

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Frank Sanoica, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

And the past is about the only solid, concretely fixed events I encountered, so my focus on the past. My wife doesn't like it. She prefers to look forward.

SHE is the subject of this one; Lord have mercy if she ever looks at Seniorsonly! Evidently, all my feedback suggests she lets me reside here alone, unencumbered and unspied-on. Maybe.

Anyhoo, back in the Phoenix area, at least 25 years ago, she was enduring the rigors of Menopause, mostly uncomplaining, though day to day I detected subtle changes in her demeanor. One day, upon returning home from work, I sensed something amiss. She didn't care to talk, about her day, or mine, or much else. I did not pursue it, suspecting.

That evening, some minor disenfranchisement having occurred, perhaps over unwashed dishes, or something even less tangible, she burst out with, "Leave me alone! I have PMS!!"

Quizzically, I ventured "what do you mean"?

Putting Up with Mens Sh!t she replied.
    Frank

Von Jones and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

PMS aside, men think differently than women, I think. It's not a matter of quality, superiority, or efficiency; but there is a difference in the way that we process information. Of course, whenever I speak in generalities, there are going to be exceptions but I think that most women are better at multitasking than most men. Conversely, men are likely to be more focused. Both of these are positive traits, and there are certainly men who can multitask, as there are women who can focus. There are other differences, as well, some of which I don't have much of a handle on. I know that my wife gets angry about things that I can't imagine being a problem. On her part, it seems to me that she often leaves the nouns out of her conversation so that I frequently don't know what she's talking about, while she is convinced that I'm not listening.

Von Jones and Patsy Faye like this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Made me giggle Frank but oh boy we do go through a lot :rolleyes:
    I can understand it must be hard for a man to understand as we probably don't discuss what's ailing us
    we just put up with it :)

Von Jones likes this.
  4. May Benot

May Benot Veteran Member
    Registered

PMS? Yes well, it seems that if we ask a man to do something ( put up a shelf / take cans to recyclers etc ) and they say say they will .... if we ask again 6 months later, we're nagging! , and of course men can multitask, they're more than capable of stuffing up 2 things at once LOL!

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I was one who did suffer terribly with PMS before my period each month and I hated becoming that "witch" sometimes for 2 weeks out of every month. Nothing I did or took helped me at all...even the things my Gyn/Ob would suggest or subscribe.

Once I had my total hysterectomy...there was no more PMS either. And the "witch" never showed up again. :)

PMS did cause me to have less patience and understanding with my spouse...and to fly off the handle at things I would never have let bother me when PMS wasn't invading my space and body.

Von Jones and Holly Saunders like this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep and if we get annoyed when they haven't done it after asking again then we must be having ''that time of the month''... then later it's ''nagging''... jeez we can't win.

I remember a friend of mine saying...oooh I love being a guy...one mood all the time... lol... ...

Von Jones likes this.