Remembering Your First Date When You Are A Teenager

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Amy Read, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Amy Read

Amy Read Veteran Member
    Registered

How was your first date when you are a teenager? Is it exciting? Do you have any unforgettable moments which up to now you still cherish when ever you are reminiscing things during your teenage years? Is your first date before is the one who is your partner in life now?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

No my first date and I didn't get married, but it wasn't exciting it was a nice date. I sometimes think about him and wonder how he is and would it have worked out between us and wish him happiness. Many things I cherish as I grew up like my first dance, my first kiss, then day he proposed, but then someone else stole him from me, so I guess it wasn't true love. Thanks for the memories!

Amy Read likes this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

My first date is kind of blurry, but I've had some memorable dates. I'll always wonder what could have been.

Amy Read likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I honestly cannot remember who my first date was...definitely not memorable whoever it was o_O

Amy Read likes this.
  5. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

My first date was not enjoyable. The boy was very nice, but I think his mother 'overdid' the garlic that she had put in their evening dinner before the date. I couldn't get home soon enough ...lol

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, my first date and only date in my teen years.........believe it or not! I was 19.

I had a 1956 Chevy Bel Air, that I bought from a local farmer for $75. It was sitting in his field and my step-dad and neighbor farmer towed it to a local garage for repairs. It was pretty shoddy looking, so neighbor boys brought their paint sprayer machine to our place for a, what we thought would be a descent paint job. Well, the thing didn't work and so, all three of us started painting that car with paint brushes.......royal maroon, at that. It looked sort of weird, but it was better than what it did look like.

Sorry, back to the date: It was a girl, my age, from church. We went to the Senior Dance After Party. Not the dance. Instead of the dance, we went to the movie In Cold Blood. The girl had some type of non-contagious skin problem and itched her arms quite a bit. Had fun at the party and I took her back home afterwards. Here it was, around 2AM, we were doing some talking and she told me she had to go. I wanted to kiss her, but wasn't very outgoing back then. I got out of the car, helped her out and walked her up to the door. She looked at me and said "thanks for the good time" and right then I planted one on her. Nothing heavy, just a little smooch on the lips. She smiled and I went home. My first date, my first kiss. All I could think about is........."I want some more of this kind of stuff!"

Next date was in the Navy and........well, let's just say, "Oh what a night!" (Four Seasons)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Amy Read likes this.