Religious Or Religious Based Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you watch them?
    We do and have in our DVD collection: Heaven Is For Real, Courageous, The Ride, Son of God and Passion of the Christ. For Christmas we want to get God Is For Real. There is a new coming out in September called 90 Minutes In Heaven. Don't know if we will see in a theater, but will definitely rent it. If we really like it, will end up buying it.

Did watch Left Behind w/Nicholas Cage and that movie really shocked me. Wife and I believe in the same thing that many other Christians believe in, concerning this movie, but it still shocked me.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For many years, Christian-based movies were poorly written, poorly directed, and poorly acted but, for the past several years, there have been some pretty good ones out, some of which have done well in the mainstream market. The Passion of the Christ is one of them. I watched that movie in the theater when it came out, and that was the only time that I have sat in a packed movie theater in a long while. Everyone was quiet throughout the showing and when it was over, no one left until after all of the credits have run, and still many just sat there. I thought the Left Behind movie with Nicholas Cage seemed to go too far toward trying to make a Christian theme seem secular, and a lot was lost in the process.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

From Ten Commandments to Passion of Christ (not that Last Temptation though), I have seen them all, almost at least. But my favorite is the Jesus Christ Superstar Rock Opera. During Holy Week, I play that CD album in the car. Don't get me wrong, I am not really a lover of rock music. It appealed to me because the movie was made in a surreal manner (not straightforward) and the lyrics have that hidden message of sorts but not really that mysterious.

And whenever I would play that album, tt's like reminiscing the good old days for me. I was in grade school when that rock opera became popular. I used to hear some of the songs on the radio. But I got enamoured with it when I was already middle aged.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, I should have included in the Thread about tv programs and mini-series.
    We also watched the mini-series, AD and thought is was both interesting and great. Not much discussion is done about what happened after Christ rose from the dead, but this movie depicted it quite well. I'm a big fan of Roma Downey and her husband. I use to watch Touched By An Angel quite often.

Besides Touched By An Angel, I miss on tv: Highway To Heaven and Promised Land.