Reincarnation, What Are Your Thoughts On It?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Dee Roenz, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Dee Roenz

Dee Roenz Veteran Member
    Registered

Do you believe in re-incarnation?

I've always felt that i have lived before, in another life. A few things lead me to believe this. First, i have always, as long as i can remember, had a flash of myself, with 2 other women, i think we were all sisters. Anyway, i see us walking along somewhere, perhaps a busy street downtown, or something, and in New York. This is all i have of this, but as well, i would have these weird dreams when younger, of being in a huge body of black water, (obviously night-time) and calling out for help. Sometime about 10 years ago, i started searching information about the Titanic and it's fate. I had always been fascinated by it, for some strange reason. As soon as i discovered about it, the dreams stopped. Odd! And, i've always been afraid to swim, never learned. As well, i think that whatever your fear in this life, has something to do with a past life. In this life, strangely enough, i felt as though my mother and my aunt were connected to me in my past life somehow....maybe we were sisters? Well short of sounding off the wall, so to speak, this is just my opinion. But, i also feel that the folks you come in contact with and meet, were somehow connected to you in a past life. As well, i've always felt a certain "connection" to the "Victorian Era", as i am very old-fashioned and love the furniture and other things from that era..Why is it we sometimes have a faint memory of a past life, or lives, just enough to make us wonder if we lived in another era and time?

Would you have some thoughts on re-incarnation?
    Dee

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I believe in reincarnation. Just like religion, it is like a "no approved therapeutic claims" which means there is no solid proof. But the optimist in me believes that there is another life waiting for me when I die. Life is a cycle that we are born then we die and then we are born again. And that birth will only stop when our spirit reaches that desired level (which I cannot explain). When I was young, I was always asking myself what happens when a person dies. Is it the end of his existence? That thought is painful to me so I taught myself to believe in another life after death.

3. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Buddhist believe in reincarnation. I have an open mind. Knowing my luck I will come back as an insect and would get squashed. Nice read Dee

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The Power of Suggestion and Wishful Thinking got together and conceived a child and named it Reincarnation.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Hoping to not hurt any feelings, but, no, I do not believe in it. However, I should add that for several years after my Dad died, while I was alone and in some fairly quiet place outdoors, I could swear I heard him call my name, sounding just as it had many years before. This happened several times, then was never repeated again.

How that might connect with the concept of reincarnation, I do not know.
    Frank

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I don't believe in it...nor would I want to come back as someone horrible or a man, lol.

Sheldon Scott and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I certainly think it's a possibility. Who knows. I think the idea that we live once and die and that's it, is odd also.

When I was looking for kittens and found (picture kitty) on the internet, I was sure it was Chloe coming back to me. She would be just like Chloe. Yeah right! :) Chloe and I were so close, I wish she had but there is no way this kitty could be Chloe. Personalities are so different.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page ........"want to come back"......

Ah, but might it not be that "wanting to" come back is governed by some deep-seated controlling entity which no one has seen yet?

9. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

I do believe in reincarnation and i believe we keep coming back. I think that each life is suppose to teach us something and we return til we get it right. I think I have a lot more lives to go cause I just don't seem to get the lesson.

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I believe in it and agree with Corrie above and Chris on their reasoning
    I find it odd that we have an attraction to something we have no connection with
    In my case 'mining' ! I'm drawn to any programme to do with miners and tears fall when I see them, yet, I have
    no connection at all
    As Dee above - I also have a recurring image where I am at the waters edge cleaning pots - either Native American or Asian
    connection. I'm strongly drawn to the Native American

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe in it, but I don't think everyone experiences it. It is hard to say. Our stay in heaven may be short lived and then we are born into another body. However, again, it might not be something every soul does because otherwise, I think the stories of people being able to remember past lives and past occurences would be stronger. I wonder if people who go to Hell have a chance to be born agian in another body so to speak.

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Could be Karen - maybe they inherit a harsh abused life to experience the torment they gave
    We don't know, but I like to speculate on it. My preference would be that they are banished for good

K E Gordon likes this.
  13. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I like the idea but don't believe in it.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe we have just this one life and that's all. I think a lot of people waste too much of this life hoping the next one will be better instead of trying to make this one better.

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Sheldon Scott - there's truth in that post of yours - I'm not one of them though
    I've no intention of coming back, I've done me time here and I shall make that very clear :p

Sheldon Scott likes this.