Red Robin

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by Don Alaska, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't know how widespread this restaurant is, but I think it is limited to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. It is one of my wife's favorite restaurants, and I enjoy it as well. It is one of the few burger places that caters to her dietary regimen. It is also very family- and child-friendly, although it is quite noisy. They specialize in burgers, but have many other things on the menu, ranging from fish to mac and cheese. I don't believe they serve breakfast, but they DO serve alcohol. Here it is limited in area (separate alcohol dining areas) and I believe you are limited to two drinks per visit. It was the brainchild of two guys at the University of Washington, and has spread moderately around the Northwest.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a few in Fresno and I think even here on the coast.

Ive been a few times, when my oldest grandson was younger that was his favorite burger place....he always got the burger with the fried egg on it....we thought that was a strange choice for a 10 yr old.

Don't they also have unlimited fries?

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have Red Robin here in Huntsville, too; but the first one that I went to was in Seattle (many years ago). For a hamburger place they are pretty special, nice large hamburgers, and a huge variety of them to choose from.
    The one here is in a high-class shopping mall, and not a place that I normally frequent, although I have been there with my daughter for a hamburger once or twice.
    If I remember right, they also had good french fries, maybe even REAL ones , made from sliced fresh potato and not frozen potato mush.

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

There use to be one here over 20 years ago. They had tasty burgers and fries. I think you can still by the fries under that name in our grocery store..moh and onion rings.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have seen them but I don't think I've ever eaten at one.

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yep, "bottomless fries" are theirs.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Think they're all over. Norman,Ok has one and I think there's one or more in OKC. Lubbock, TX, my old stomping grounds has one. Think the point I'm making is , if Norman, Oklahoma has one they are probably scattered like a spilled box of matches around the country.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska
    I drove my wife down to Mesa (Arizona) several years ago, to catch a flight to Indiana. 290 miles to get to an appropriate airport! Anyways, she insisted on going the day before, and getting a room overnight. Tired, having driven through rain, which is so unusual around here, folks don't know enough to realize, our "perpetually dry" pavements are covered with oil. On I-10, several cars passing way too fast, slid-out, all in all, very trying driving conditions.

Located on the hotel property was a Red Robin restaurant. We had never heard of them. Very, very busy, but time was what we had a-plenty. We each had a burger; they were quite fancy, though "pricey" by our usual standards. Enjoyable. Mesa being basically an extension of Phoenix, I suspect there are others scattered throughout that area.
    Frank

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

We had one near us when we lived in the Portland, Or area and it was a favorite place to eat at. The food was very good and the service was great. It was a bit on the noisy side but the menu made up for that.

We've not been to one in about 12 years now. I understand there is one about 85 miles from us .. maybe one day we will take a road trip.