Recognizing Actors Years Later

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, May 21, 2019.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I used to avoid looking at those because I thought it was so sad. Now, it makes me smile because I see it didn't happen just to me. :cool:

2. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Who Lulu? Yep she did.

3. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Post #15 photo reminded me of a Brit com on long ago with a different single blonde female.
    Really liked it. Short on details, but I wonder who was in it and the show's title.

Regarding cosmetic surgery - if someone wants it and can afford it, they should go for it.
    Done right, it's very flattering.

"There's no defying age." (Can't remember and can't find the source.)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Bess Barber likes this.
  4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Theodore Cleaver (Jerry Mathers) didn't age well.

Henry Winkler looks the same in both pics, except for the eyebrows.

Hal

Bess Barber likes this.
  5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Russell Crowe, one of my favorite actors of all time, didn't do the age thing very well..........

download - 2019-08-21T163524.634.jpeg

Emma Smith likes this.
  6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I enjoy looking at how Wally and The Beaver look as old men...then I look at myself and I'm equally shocked!

Hal

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

How Barbara Eden looks today at 88. Seen her in an episode of The Virginian yesterday. She was 33 then.

Barry and Stanley Livingston who were brothers in real life and on the show, My Three Sons. Stanley is 69 and Barry is 66.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, they get old just like the rest of us. What a revelation.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Seems the original premise for this thread was lost with "how actors have aged" pictures instead. :D

Here's a pretty young Anna Chlumsky, who starred in the movie "My Girl" along with Dan Akyroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis.

[​IMG]

And all grown up in the TV series "Hannibal", about the early days of everyone's favorite cannibal, Hannibal Lector.

[​IMG]

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I was watching an old-black/white episode of Gunsmoke the other day and seen a very young Tom Skerritt, of Top Gun fame. I identified him almost immediately.

Other tv shows, like Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Bonanza had very young actors in them. I remember seeing an extremely young Jodi Foster on Bonanza as well as a very young Wayne Newton. Yes, "Mr. Las Vegas" was on Bonanza years and years ago.

If you do watch an old tv show, do you ever notice a particular actor, that is still alive, and look them up to see who they are? I do it quite often.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just what do members have to do, try to find a thread that has been done the same? Thanks for finding this thread, Beth, because, even though I replied to Ken's thread, I didn't even think, or remember, the thread had been done before.

Actually, I wonder if there is a way, when doing the title of a new thread, a thread like it would appear?

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I just have a good memory. :p

Besides, it looks like the premise of Ken's thread was lost, becoming a "how the actors aged" photo gallery. :D

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you put some possible words that might have been used before (that your new thread is about), it will show threads that use those words, and if you check the “titles” button, then it only shows you threads with that word in the title of the thread.
    For instance, if you searched for “rodeo”, titles only, it would show you any threads with Rodeo in the title, and if you do not limit the search to titles only, then you will see any thread that has the word in it.
    You can also specify a name, so if you only want to find a thread about rodeo, where you commented, then use the ‘Posted by member” and put in your name (or anyone else’s name you want to search for).
    Sometimes, you might have to try a couple search terms, but it will usually get you to whatever topic you are trying to find.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Traveling backwards on the vein, I made a small discovery whilst perusing Prime Video.
    One of the actors in a comedy BBC production called “A little bit of Fry and Laurie” looked vaguely familiar. After watching it for a bit I was right and the familiar face was indeed House or rather, Hugh Laurie.
    The gruff face and actions of the actor who portrayed House in the series by the same name was many years ago a skinny clean faced comedian in the British series I mentioned earlier in this post.

I knew when he played the part on House that he was British and had modified his speech pattern to emulate a normal Americana type of plain talk but I didn’t realize in full what that meant until I saw part of the comedy series.
    6FEE2719-6EC8-4245-BF6F-0F96952A8FD5.jpeg

Ken Anderson likes this.