Recall Of Samsung Note 7

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Corie Henson, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have seen part of the news clip yesterday in CNN about the recall of Samsung's latest model of Galaxy Note 7 which causes fire. It's not just a claim or accusation because the US agency for safety (sorry, I didn't get the full name of the agency) had issued the recall. As per the explanation of the agency's head, the smart phone tends to burn by itself due to fault of the battery. The recall is actually to replace the faulty Note 7 with a "fixed" Note 7 of the same genre. The issue was sparked by some reports of burning smart phones and was was picked up by airlines that banned the said smart phone on their planes.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I saw that information also, and the pictures were shocking ! I can see why the airlines were forbidding people to have them, or at least they had to not turn them on at all. One of those catching fire on an airplane could end up becoming a terrible air disaster.
    I imagine that people are switching to a different device, rather than trusting that one sent to them as a replacement would then be fine.
    I am so thankful that I have the Apple iPad and iPhone, which has always been perfectly safe. If this was a new model that Samsung just released, they certainly missed something when they were testing it out before release.
    Hopefully, they do know what caused the battery to spontaneously combust, and can rectify the problem before any more fires happen.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is an interesting theory about the Samsung recall. The idea itself has been being discussed about the coincidental timing between the release of the new iPhone 7 and the sudden problems with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. It IS pretty odd that this came into the news just a week or so before the new iPhone 7 comes out and can be ordered.
    Since this is a recall, that means that people would have their purchase price refunded to buy another phone of their choice, as opposed to simply being given a replacement phone. Most people would probably buy something besides another Samsung at that point; so I am sure that Apple got their share of sales from the Samsung recall.

Now..... here is where this all gets interesting (and should probably be being discussed under politics or even conspiracies).
    Just before all of this happened with Samsung, Apple announced their support of Hillary Clinton, and had a huge fundraiser that gave her millions of dollars.
    According to this article, which is admittedly from an alternative news source, Hillary Clinton contacted the head of the consumer product security and discussed what he would do about the Samsung problem.
    Who is to say that she didn't press the issue for him to push for the recall ?
    Another interesting fact that is brought out is that Apple has actually had more issues than Samsung of their phones catching on fire.
    http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2117.htm