Rearranging The Living Room

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Corie Henson, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

When we were renting a house (after the apartment) my hobby was to rearrange the furnitures in the living room. I was not busy with work then so I had lots of time during weekends. Besides, I still have no dogs.

Our living room has 2 entrances and 2 sets of windows so you can imagine the four sides have 2 windows and 2 doors. I would be moving the sala set and the display cabinet every 2 months or so. When my husband asked me why I was doing it, I said I was trying to be creative. It's something like we have a new living room every 2 months. Isn't that great? And his plain answer was - what a waste of time and effort.

Now that we have our own house, the living room is compact because we have so many furnitures. Aside from the living room set of a sofa and 2 chairs, we have another pair of chair near the landline phone and a small table beside the tv cart plus another cabinet for the things of the our dogs. That's the reason why I am now lazy to rearrange the living room - too many furnitures.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Well you seem to be a home decorator of sorts! When the inspiration strikes maybe it's simpler to draw on a piece of paper what you'd like to rearrange in your home instead of moving furniture around. Your husband will like the permanency of home and you get to exercise your creativity just by drawing your rearranged furniture. It's up to you what you'd like to do. When there is more than one person in a home it's nice to be asked about furniture rearrangement. It's fun I understand to clean and move furniture rearranging it from time to time.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Such a problem Corie! And a wonderful fix Krissttina!
    I do wish I knew why Corie's hubby doesn't care for the sudden movement of furniture in the living room. Why, here in the southern part of the U.S. most of us husbands regularly move the furniture just to move it around. It might be a southern macho thing but often when wives come back from grocery shopping the living room might be moved into the bedroom, the bedroom into the dining room, and the diner into the French room.
    (I love moving things around so much that my 1st x asked me to move my furniture out of the house which I anxiously and heartily agreed to do and what's more, I did it in 36 minutes flat and she hasn't seen it since that
    day!)

Yes, dear ladies, we often beg our wives to go out and buy new drapes because one of our most prized bits of fun is taking the old ones down, complete with the old brackets just so we can put them back up anew. And please, do not stop buying picture frames. The more pictures and mirrors the better, I say. Why, I even see absolutely nothing wrong with putting up the frame complete with the Wallyworld example of somebody's relative still in the frame. I for one especially like the one with Paris Hilton in it. And, of course, each room should have at least one 3' copy of Da Vinci's "Last Supper." (or dinner)

Now, I must tell a small secret that we men who reside below the Mason Dixon line rarely tell the lady of our life. (do to our over abundance of southern humility I do believe) Shhhhh......gotta whisper because we don't want everyone to know now do we?
    When everything is in place, the bedroom furnishings are perfect, of King Henry VIII copies of a sofa and chair complete with a 60's coffee table and 80's lava lamp in the French Room, the Mary Lincoln banquet table with the Melmac dishes and sporks, every Walmart copy of a painting, the mirrors and lighting is just the way it should be, please, oh please suggest that it is now time to paint all of the walls and ceilings!

Since most of us older gents have copies of George Washingtons teeth in our heads, we can no longer experience the joys of root canal so some sublimation is definitely in order.