Reality Shows

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Am I alone in being sick of reality shows? Other than sports, which I don't watch on television, reality shows are the things that I miss least about having network television. Oh, I won't say that there hasn't been an occasional good reality show, but the chances of finding a good Western is much higher than the likelihood of finding a reality show worth watching.

Diane Lane and Von Jones like this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Never watch 'em. I watch mostly movies, docu's and American Pickers. I admit I only watch 'Pickers' for Danielle. I just can't believe all the B S Mike spouts.:)

Von Jones likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We don't watch reality shows either. There was a hype when the a tv network got a franchise of the Big Brother reality show. Now they still have it once in a while but it's not that popular anymore. Maybe the viewers are learning that watching reality shows is similar to eavesdropping on your neighbor. I don't know why people still watch that Big Brother show when all they see are the attitudes and antics of the house mates.

TV has certainly gone too far. There's another reality show a few years ago about a family of celebrities - parents and 3 children are all in show business. Cameras were planted in their house and video clips were shown on a cable channel. Lucky that it was a cable channel, at least the viewership is limited. To us, those kind of shows is annoying.

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I do not watch reality tv. It rewards people for poor behavior. The fame these people receive only encourages others to have poor behavior in real life. Reality tv is a poor excuse for entertainment.

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

We only watch 2 reality shows - The Apprentice and Sewing Bee, both competitive programmes but not nasty, well the
    Apprentice has its moments :p
    I prefer Documentaries and retro TV
    Oh - I do like Strictly Come Dancing :D Needs to quieten down a bit though

Ike Willis likes this.
  6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Most of the reality shows I watch are of home improvement or home searches and sometimes the dire straits, like survival shows. I remember when I used to think reality shows were movies, duh! The surprising thing is that there is always new shows every yearo_O.

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I watch a lot of the 'reality' shows on HGTV. One I particularly like along that vein is actually on Fox, and it's called Home Free. Mike Holmes and Tim Tebow are co-hosting it this year, and this is the second season. I just started a thread about Escaping Polygamy, which is another 'reality' show. I enjoy some of them, and my reasons vary from show to show. I like the relationship shows because I find interpersonal dynamics interesting, the home shows because I enjoy seeing the various areas, housing prices and designs, and I also really enjoy watching Cops and Cops Reloaded. 60 Days In was another interesting show. The first season of that recently ended, and there will be a second season.