Reality Check

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This is a must see video to help people rethink what is happening in the world.
    I think everyone should not vote and when 60% of the people don't vote it shows all these politico parties do not represent the people and needs for a change.

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know about that Martin. I saw a report recently, that was saying that only 38% of Texans had been voting in the last few years. It seems the people younger than 40 don't think it is an effective method of government. The report didn't say what, if anything, the younger generation thought was a better method.

Then again, you can't always believe what you read, or see on the TV.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

If 38% of the people vote that means the government is not representation of the majority so.
    Democracy is not working it represents only 38% of the people. The majority of people are saying we do not like your options.
    This should be a wake up call give the people a government people can agree on.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Most people will say if you don't vote you have no reason to complain that is there the brain washing used. They are saying if you don't vote for our people [both are the same but with different names] you have no reason to complain. Well if that is not the most stupid response how could a poor person ever become president impossible. If 60% of the people did not vote you could say that any law they put in does not apply because it does not represent the people wishes.

5. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I think that we should have the option to vote for "None of the above". If "none" gets a majority vote, we throw those two candidates out and start over. For the past 20 years or so, it seems like we're given the worst possible candidates and have to decide who will suck the least. Maybe if we had the power to say, "we don't want either of these guys", they might put a little more effort into giving us qualified, educated, intelligent leaders to vote for.

I would love to see having 10-15 people on the ballot - I mean I have at least that many choices for cell phone providers, newscasters, or brands of cereal - why do we only get 2 or 3 choices when it comes to the "most powerful leader in the world".

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  6. Oracle May

Oracle May Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems like no-one wants the job! I do think we have been somewhat brainwashed and I have learned that no government is trustworthy as they are not above board. I do thing the option to vote 'none of these' is a great idea. That will most certainly help us. The younger generation in my country are all brainwashed and do whatever they are told. Voting is the thing to do here. I don't vote anymore. Perhaps I will again at some stage, perhaps I won't.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know about the rest of Texas but when I lived in the Rio Grande Valley, local elections were decided in the Democratic Primary since there weren't even Republicans running for most local offices. In order to have anything to say about who was elected to a local office, it was necessary to register as a Democrat. A large percentage of the people there weren't much concerned about state or national election so, while they would vote in a primary, they wouldn't bother voting in the general election since nearly everyone was running unopposed. Republicans would have to run as Democrats in order to have a chance.

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Guess it all depends where you are and what you are voting for, recently they changed the high school mascot and the kids lined up like crazy to cast their vote since for once what they wanted mattered. I was surprised at the numbers. In comparison it is like pulling teeth to get grown adults to a board meeting to talk about and be aware of the stuff that involves them the most. I hope that the younger people keep on being involved it decisions, sounds like someone has to make some. There was a time in my past when I recall that adults took great pride in being able to cast their ballot on something.

9. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I kind of like the idea of the none of the above choice on an election ballot. Hey, there are times when this is how I feel. I still vote, but I don't vote the whole ballot. We don't have to any longer, we can vote for only a few things if we want. I especially don't like the people who run unopposed, why even both putting that on the ballot, the person is going to win anyway.

10. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

The recent General Election in the UK saw a turnout of 66.1%. This was seen as quite impressive, being the highest since 1997 (though 2015 was only the fourth election since). Personally, I thought it was a bit feeble, but set against 38%, it makes us look pretty engaged!

11. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I think everyone who disagrees with me should not vote. That would solve all our problems.

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Precisely I was thinking of this a couple of days ago after listening to the news about elections in Mexico and people promoting abstention to vote.

I share the same vision with you Martin, but based on the news I was thinking that in the eventuality nobody would go to to vote, governments have made the rules in such a way that with not citizen voting, there will be a winner anyway, and this winner has to be the political party having more zealots to support whatever is their cause.

No politics anywhere in the world are actually representing people, in fact have forgotten they should, and seem to be solely interested in pursuing their own wellness.

13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Democracy is a big fraud because what are your choices do you really have a list of only millionaires or want a be. The people who they give to you to vote for are all selected by other millionaires or their flunkies.
    They have no idea of the majority who are the poor 1% have all the wealth. Like the old saying the poor have no bread and the reply is let them eat cake, this is how they think. No one can run for president unless they have thousands/millions of dollars.

Carlota Clemens likes this.
  14. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered