Ready For Christmas 2015

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Krissttina Isobe, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

You have asked a good question, Krissttina! Having grown up, in Pittsburgh, I have learned to appreciate good Heinz catsup, and that means "Anticipation"! It is so thick and rich, it takes awhile to reach your hamburger, or hot dog, but it is worth the wait! Christmas is like that to me. Advent is a time of Anticipation, and joyous waiting, on the coming of the New Born King!

We are a week behind our normal decorating schedule, but as we get older, we find that it is OK to be a little laid back in our decorating and plans. We try to leave time, for listening to records, relaxing and just enjoying our peaceful home, during Christmas. We have hung simple wreathes in the windows and doors, and have begun to bring decorations down from the attic. We put our little 30 inch aluminum tree up,in the hall, and have yet to bring down the 7 foot , pre-lit artificial one. We place the bigger one in the wide doorway between the living room and the hall, where it can be admired from both rooms. This way,we are able to use all of our ornaments.

We have a good many gifts bought, some have been ordered online, and we still have some to buy. We try not to rush too much, and like every year, the time comes, when we have to stop preparing, and just enjoy it all! We usually have ham for Christmas, and pork and sauerkraut for New Years.

It must be nice for you, not to have to shovel snow!

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Update: The saying goes:"a job begun, is a job half done"! I planned to put our tree up over the weekend, but that didn't happen, I had a hard time getting started. But...today is a different story! I have carried the platform and the tree down from the attic....the tree is a SIX foot one, not seven.
    I plan on staying focused on the task! Yeah....right!:rolleyes:

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, we are pretty much ready!

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

You grew up in Pittsburgh also, Joe?

I'm a little behind in everything since I've been sick for a week now but my Christmas is at my daughters anyway.

I did buy the grandsons Christmas presents and they've already shipped on Amazon.

Krissttina Isobe and Terry Page like this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Nope not in the least bit ready, and I doubt we will be because we're both working right up until Christmas eve...so no time to do anything . We're not really bothered tbh, because we've not got anyone coming this year for Christmas, and I'm back to work a couple of days after Christmas day, so apart from some gift exchanges and some nice food on the day itself...and of course my usual calls from the family abroad...Christmas day will be pretty much like any other day for me...I'll probably be on here as well.. I"m just looking forward to the rest! :D

7. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, we have 12 Days until Christmas! Today is DAY 1
    "On the FIRST DAY of Christmas my true love gave to me,
    A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE".

Unknown.jpeg ………. b134a277b63ea72c1a5fd0bc98fd8be7.jpg

8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope you don't need a ladder or pull-down stair for your attic...I do. We're all too old to be going up into the attic..but I do it too :rolleyes:

This year, do this! Then store it in a spare room or garage (put it behind a folded screen if you don't want to look at it)

Maybe it's time to downsize to a 4 footer (the photo is suppose to be funny, I think, but hey, whatever works!)

10897777_885479734815915_8367412321736167753_n.png

9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Already gave my kids their gifts. Just get Christmas over already. Saw the Christmas movies I liked (both of 'em). Sick of Christmas music already. There's no snow and it's warm. Maybe that's my problem. If the outside was white and cold, I might be in more of a Christmas mood.
    BAH! HUMBUG!

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I too would rather have snow, Ike but it is what it is. I see Palm trees decorated, not the right image for Christmas.

The best I can hope for is a cloudy rainy day. I just have to work a little harder to keep my Christmas spirit up!

Krissttina Isobe and Ike Willis like this.
  11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, get used to it. Between el Nino and global warming this is the new norm.
    You're just spoiled Ike ;) Maybe spend a few winters in Hell, Norway. That'll fix you right up :D
    (yes, it's a real place and one of the coldest in the world)

12. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, those north countries always interested me. I always thought I'd like Finland.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well for everyone who is hoping for some snow for Christmas have some of ours from last year if you like..( I've put some snow pics in the photo forum)...we've had some flurries of snow in the last couple of weeks but nothing worth writing home about...but we're more likely to get snow in Jan and Feb, even March!...so in the meantime go look at my snow pics on the photo forum...and here's a little whistle wetter from my village and local market town last winter... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

[​IMG]

...and just for you Ike, I've added a little bit of extra frostiness around the edge of this one of the farm next door... :D

[​IMG]

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

My road....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]